MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NearTao Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:12 am
While at it, Akai should also have a bug bounty pool, so that people can vote on what features/fixes they want. So basically the more votes for a specific request, the more likely (though not guaranteed) the request will be to get implemented.

And then they can add a tiered subscription system, so that the more you pay, the more votes you get for requesting specific bugs or features to be fixed.
By B-Wise Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:45 am
NearTao wrote:While at it, Akai should also have a bug bounty pool, so that people can vote on what features/fixes they want. So basically the more votes for a specific request, the more likely (though not guaranteed) the request will be to get implemented.

And then they can add a tiered subscription system, so that the more you pay, the more votes you get for requesting specific bugs or features to be fixed.

We shouldn't have to pay them to fix their janky OS after we already paid for the device. I could see them braking shit on purpose or fake fixing things like saying "we're working the fixing that bug" when their not just to keep the cash coming in so... :smh:
By godlike Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:56 pm
NearTao wrote:While at it, Akai should also have a bug bounty pool, so that people can vote on what features/fixes they want. So basically the more votes for a specific request, the more likely (though not guaranteed) the request will be to get implemented.

This is in line with my idea. I think it will help empower us and allow the developers to continue strengthening the software. Those who did not want the subscription could have the privilege of remaining on their platform.
By Monotremata Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:42 pm
Nah hardware subscriptions are trash plain and simple.

We shouldn't have to bribe Akai to fix THEIR shitty coding. Like someone said, they need to fix their product and get their shit together BEFORE its released.

Does anybody here remember what the MPC was like when it was first released back in what, 2017? It was barely functional. I would've been PISSED had they required me to subscribe just to get basic features that were missing on release. The thing wasn't even a game player until about OS 2.4. People need to stop pandering to companies and make them put out decent reliable products from the start like they're supposed to.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:45 pm
Monotremata wrote:Nah hardware subscriptions are trash plain and simple.

People need to stop pandering to companies and make them put out decent reliable products from the start like they're supposed to.
By SakisX Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:50 am

Bug fixing should always be top priority and free of any charge , else the machine doesn't work as advertised
By EnochLight Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:27 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:So this answer it all about subscription in the DAW field..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1ALpWts98

Lol.. as soon as he said he thinks they sold Avid due to projected sales and “the banking issue”, I looked hard for the tin foil hat not in frame. But it’s cool that Pro Tools was his favorite “DEE AYE DOUBLE-YOU”. :lol: It’s certainly the best for sound engineering - I just don’t find it inspiring to work in.
By NearTao Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:35 pm
SakisX wrote:

Bug fixing should always be top priority and free of any charge , else the machine doesn't work as advertised

While I agree, and sarcasm doesn't come through text very well... this whole thread is a giant troll...
By godlike Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:39 am
We shouldn't have to pay them to fix their janky OS after we already paid for the device. I could see them braking shit on purpose or fake fixing things like saying "we're working the fixing that bug" when their not just to keep the cash coming in so... :smh:[/quote]

Yes, I agree that we should not have to pay to fix the software. I am wondering more about advancing the software--this is where the subscription model could be helpful. In essence we would be paying to support the strengthening and growth of the software. For example, we could be on version 3.0 by now with a subscription model.
By B-Wise Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:31 am
godlike wrote:Yes, I agree that we should not have to pay to fix the software. I am wondering more about advancing the software--this is where the subscription model could be helpful. In essence we would be paying to support the strengthening and growth of the software. For example, we could be on version 3.0 by now with a subscription model.

BYE!
By Certified Beatz Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:38 am
EnochLight wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:So this answer it all about subscription in the DAW field..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1ALpWts98

Lol.. as soon as he said he thinks they sold Avid due to projected sales and “the banking issue”, I looked hard for the tin foil hat not in frame. But it’s cool that Pro Tools was his favorite “DEE AYE DOUBLE-YOU”. :lol: It’s certainly the best for sound engineering - I just don’t find it inspiring to work in.

100% agree :o :o
By Certified Beatz Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:39 am
B-Wise wrote:
godlike wrote:Yes, I agree that we should not have to pay to fix the software. I am wondering more about advancing the software--this is where the subscription model could be helpful. In essence we would be paying to support the strengthening and growth of the software. For example, we could be on version 3.0 by now with a subscription model.

BYE!

Ok leave and go over to reason studio's great software but I'm staying on reason 11 for life no subscription for me..
By Neodymium Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:44 am
godlike wrote:For example, we could be on version 3.0 by now with a subscription model.

I doubt that a subscription model would have done that.

Akai makes it money selling units and plug ins. To make the units appealing and current it has to develop both. If buying the units meant you could only use the plug in if on the current firmware, then you'd be paying for both the subscription and the plug ins. Otherwise the plug ins would have to comes with the subscription. To have had a subscription model running long enough creating such an increase in income that plug ins didn't have to be sold (which was only a year ago) it would have required a major uptake.

I would personally freeze at the current state of my MPC one as it is, than have a subscription. I also would not buy into it as a new comer if I knew it had to have a subscription. You've seen a massive backlash against your idea. How many other would stop investing in this, or just now purchase. I don't think they'd make more money, but less, as so many would just not take up the subscriptions, or buy in the first place. Machine and Push become much more viable options, so users sell the MPCs the market floods, and there'd be no market for MPC One Plus.

Subscription only works if virtually every users pays into it. Paid plug in only sell if you don't have to pay for a subscription at the same time.