MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:10 pm
I dunno where you are getting "some" from its unanimous we arent cool with it and we will just migrate to some other software that doesnt operate in that manner. MPC isnt so important to us that we're ok with being treated like a custy.

They already got our money and sold us a device that wasnt even finished. Now you wanna promote the idea they hold it ransom? f*ck you and the horse you rode in on guy... what set you with? who sent you?
Last edited by Ultros on Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:12 pm
godlike wrote:I would not desire a mandatory subscription. It would be a subscription for those who wanted future updates and development. The others would be free to stay on their current platforms.

Excellent idea. Seeing the constant free updates has been a big selling point, and people have been able to ignore some deficiencies, because it has looked likely that the product will be improved. Removing that selling point is one of the best ideas I've seen. It would free up resources from device sales. Sure, they would become targets of a world-wide shit storm like these other companies have shown, but it'll be well worth it, because of the subscription fees. And shit storms aren't that bad really. Youtube influencers can tap into that powerful publicity stream. Don't be afraid! Embrace shit storms.
By Ultros Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:56 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:
godlike wrote:I would not desire a mandatory subscription. It would be a subscription for those who wanted future updates and development. The others would be free to stay on their current platforms.

Excellent idea. Seeing the constant free updates has been a big selling point, and people have been able to ignore some deficiencies, because it has looked likely that the product will be improved. Removing that selling point is one of the best ideas I've seen. It would free up resources from device sales. Sure, they would become targets of a world-wide shit storm like these other companies have shown, but it'll be well worth it, because of the subscription fees. And shit storms aren't that bad really. Youtube influencers can tap into that powerful publicity stream. Don't be afraid! Embrace shit storms.

Don't forget to cradel his balls... mf..
By Monotremata Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:21 pm
godlike wrote:
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:Y'all keep coming with more diverse thoughts and opinions. I think it's a tie now.

Yes, apparently some would be okay with the subscription idea and others feel differently. I do not think I communicated my idea completely. I would not desire a mandatory subscription. It would be a subscription for those who wanted future updates and development. The others would be free to stay on their current platforms.

You should've probably just let it go while you were 'ahead' cause these ideas keep getting dumber and dumber.

Guess what, with how things are today, I dont buy shit without support, especially when its a $1000+ piece of music gear.

Are you ChatGPT or did you just huff a lot of paint when you were younger?