MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wanderer Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:24 pm
Hi.
I am in the process of exporting audio track sections from cubase and importing into mpc live standalone with a view to doing a live set. I have read the manual and watched a few tutorials and experimented this afternoon. I just wanted to confirm that I am doing things the right way.
My aim is to trigger one shot audio files using the clip launching.
Originally I had been operating on the principle that a different clip had to be put on each pad e.g put clip001 on pad A0 then clip002 on pad A1 etc. This did not seem to work and confused me in the end.
So here's what I think I have found to be the correct way:
For a particular sequence which, say, I set at 100 bars long and 120bpm, I can then have several clip programs. For each clip program I can have several clips e.g. clip001, clip002, clip003 etc. For each clip e.g. say clip001, I can assign different samples to the pads, arranging them in the correct mute groups. For clip002 I can assign a different set of samples to the pads. Yes? If so, (f**k me backwards) but that is so versatile. Much more than I had initially supposed.

If anyone with experience can confirm what I have described and or give me any pointers before I embark on a long haul export from cubase that would be so helpful. Many thanks in advance.