MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:53 am
HUBA wrote:Fizmo with the Z-plane filters from Morpheus

:lol: I was waiting to see how long before someone mentioned something from EMU & especially the Fizmo. Hopefully Balma will finish those new ROM
for the Command Stations soon. Like I said on gearspace.com it's gonna be delayed from the first due date he set which was the end of May, But that's old news. Peace to you & may we move on.
By HUBA Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:20 pm
B-Wise wrote:
HUBA wrote:Fizmo with the Z-plane filters from Morpheus

:lol: I was waiting to see how long before someone mentioned something from EMU & especially the Fizmo. Hopefully Balma will finish those new ROM
for the Command Stations soon. Like I said on gearspace.com it's gonna be delayed from the first due date he set which was the end of May, But that's old news. Peace to you & may we move on.

By Mr Funk Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:15 pm
bitermc wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:Yes Neodymium A modeled Clavinet like StageEP or Organ => Stage Clavi :-D

It will be great

I don't see a potential userbase... It takes Stevie Wonder's skills to make it sound cool :mrgreen:

I am a pianist and I see potential for the KEY61 which I purchased to replace my Nord NS2. I don't pretend to have the talent of Stevie Wonder but yes a good clavinet to play live would be great. I use my MPC KEY 61 with my live band.
KEY61 can be the future of Nord stage :-D
By B-Wise Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:16 pm
bitermc wrote:I mentioned the old Akai vx600 in another thread. This wasn't a celebrity synth like the Juno or Minimoog, but it had a lot of character.

Yeah I saw that thread & looked it up & found an dope Alex Ball jam, but he also used other gear, so I still need to hear it all by itself to hear the character. Tho the specs are worthy.
By Neodymium Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:22 pm
Mr Funk wrote:Yes Neodymium A modeled Clavinet like StageEP or Organ => Stage Clavi :-D

It will be great

The paid for Stage Ep is sample based, the 'Electric' the comes installed is modeled. Organ is like basic additive synthesis really.

I'm not sure a modeled clavinet would be so straight forward. If sampled based, then it could just use the sampler. I'm not knocking your suggestion I think a good model would be great. But lots of people weren't that happy with the modeled Electric (although I think a sustain pedal really helps).

The only model clavinet I know of it by pianoteq. I was tempted by this, but ended up getting Sonic Coutures Clav last good Friday (along with their Vibraphone), because you have to buy into the PIanoteq world to get any of their models', and that's a financial slippery slope)
By Mr Funk Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:38 pm
No preference between sampling or modeling... I'm a musician. But something like the piano stage or the organ or the synths. That is to say a VST with a dedicated interface that allows you to play on the different parameters of the instrument and that sounds like the original ... a simple request :-D

Good even if with Fabric and some adjustment I get a clavinet as I never got with the Nord for example