MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:07 pm
Ultros wrote:Vocoder. Whether its in their own unique synth, a clone. They have given us the perfect collection of "punk funk" synths and the vocoder would be the icing on the cake. I rock the hell outta my microkorg but it washes out my vocals. I wish I had something a little purer to really express my funky robot vibe. Been lookin for another keyboard unit to scratch that itch.

Triton’s have been doing vocoders since forever ago.
Kronos2 has the vocoder as well.
Pretty sure Nautilus has it too, just a diff gui, but, damn near all functions all same as Kronos2.
By fmq75 Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:48 pm
I would love to see a new interface for drumsynth,similar to the desktop version. I like the dsynth but hate the interface and therefore it doesn‘t inspire me or invite me to play as much as i would like.
By Ultros Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:37 pm
Lampdog wrote:Triton’s have been doing vocoders since forever ago.
Kronos2 has the vocoder as well.
Pretty sure Nautilus has it too, just a diff gui, but, damn near all functions all same as Kronos2.

Some great suggestions. If I had enough I'd buy them all lol. I can never be without enough tools to mask my nerdy ass voice.
By Neodymium Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:32 am
LOts of Vocoder apps have an internal synth as the carrier but if that could make one which allowed external that would be amazing to have inside the MPC. I'm also a lover of robot voices fx. I have Vocodex by imageline which is a great vocoder VST. They put one inside the Microfreak, but I've not tried it yet as I need to make a special cable for it.

Vital has a really cool process called text to speech where you can type in anything you want to say. Choose a nationality, and it creates a voice with that accent, you can then mangle it, change it's gender. Really great when playing chords through it. It works better to break the sentence into chucks, as each process creates a wavetable, so you get more definition in shorter phrases.

I picked up a talk box this year, the one where you put the tube in your mouth and you play the synth into the the speaker in the box, through the tube and into a mic. Real old school effect. Take a bit of getting used to though, and you can end up dribbling down your face. You have pronounce the consonance, and just make the shapes of the vowels, which is easer said than done.

Vocoder fx are also great for putting drums through instead of a voice, and creating rhythmical synth percussion, which are harmonically related to the track.

By B-Wise Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:04 am
Lampdog wrote:Something like this inside mpc.

This would be dope! You could run all kinds of stuff thru that thing, but I think it would make for better FX so we could use on any track or give us a way to run any track into it if it was a synth. Either way I want it!
By Monotremata Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:09 pm
cmackg wrote:Maybe a port over of the VCV rack stuff. You get modular, and plenty of open-source stuff to plaay with.

Vocoder is cool.
Or maybe one of the U-HE synths, pay him a fee?

Wishful thinking.. VCV rack would eat the MPC's cpu alive, as would just about the entire lot of uHE synths.. No way Diva, Zebra or Repro are happening without seriously gutting the plugins. Maybe a Hive Lite but I cant see any of the other ones working on the MPC without some serious corner cutting..
By johnnytravels Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:02 am
The greatest synth idea of all in my opinion is if multi sample patches were part of a library that was referenced so we wouldn’t have to go on a ram cleaning spree after trying out a few patches so as to not blow up our project files with stuff that’s not even in the project.
It really makes me not use any multi samples and I have stopped buying packs simply because it’s too annoying for me to manage memory every single time by deleting all those pgms and the purging.
Just do what NI does and give us a library from which key groups are referenced without ending up in project files.
By jaymack Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:29 am
johnnytravels wrote:It really makes me not use any multi samples and I have stopped buying packs simply because it’s too annoying for me to manage memory every single time by deleting all those pgms and the purging.

Agree w this
By Neodymium Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:40 am
I'd like some house keeping done on the some of the provided synths
Drum Synth - Reduced to two options. Multi and single (and be able to select the type from within)
Jura - Make the Drive, Saturation, and analogue feel more pronounced. They are way too subtle to the point of thinking it's a placebo , reviewers pointed it out on release. 100% should be too much, not 'is this doing anything'
OPx-4 - make the sin wave a true sin wave, even better, keep the original, and provide a selection of basic waves such as provided on 4 Operator synths DX11 and TX81Z. Also there are 9 folders of menus at the bottom of the screen, but only space for 6, so you have to scroll. These could easily be condensed to 6, such as SubMix and Sample Layer and setting all under Main. To get to Modulation Menu 5 you have to scroll 4 times, before selecting Modulation and the 5, 6 presses instead of 2. Beiing able to series and parallel the filters would be nice too.