MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Neodymium Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:11 am
Microfreak

Actually not a Microfreak, but something taking lessons from the Microfreak.

What I'd think would be most useful to me is a semi modular, but I think it's needs some constraints to work in a standalone. The microfreak has found a useful way to do this. It has a large range of oscillator types, and using a modulation matrix, instead of patch cables in a fixed architecture format. I think something like that could work really well. Microfreak is now ion V5, they keep adding oscillators. Akai, could create an initial plugin, and then sell modules.

The most popular module in modular world is Mutable Instruments, which is based on 8 synthesis types. They made it open source, so there are a number of copies that you can buy, so no feathers would be ruffled.

Complex Oscillators are a really big thing, this is where there are 2 oscillators and they can cross modulate each other in different ways to create all sorts on complex tones. And also be modulated by the envelopes and LFOs

Wavetables seem very much the synthesis of now, and I've seen so many posts one the forum where some one has suggested a wavetable synth with user tables.

The synth doesn't need to be super complex, with say 5-6 modules (I'm thinking of the Flavour Pro layout here) and the first being a switchable oscillator, you could have a super flexible synth.
Oscillator
2 cycling envelopes
3 LFOs
Wavefolder, distortion and saturation (and mixer if they were able to make it 2 oscillator and that would make it a monster)
Dual multimode Filter
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:12 am
Just update keygroup program spec so we can start building our own synths. For example, the option to add a custom UI, mod matrix, more LFOs, better Q-link control of keygroup prarameters (potentially mapped to custom knobs in the UI), more advanced sampling options, wavetable support, etc.

Moving forward I don't want to rely on whatever plugin Akai decides to release for the MPC, not when the MPC is supposed to be a fully fledged sampler. However these types of improvements are looking less and less likely as they would interfere with their plugin model.

But if Akai do want to release more synth plugins, they should come up with some new ideas, innovate.
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:27 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Just update keygroup program spec so we can start building our own synths. For example, the option to add a custom UI, mod matrix, more LFOs, better Q-link control of keygroup prarameters (potentially mapped to custom knobs in the UI), more advanced sampling options, wavetable support, etc.

Moving forward I don't want to rely on whatever plugin Akai decides to release for the MPC, not when the MPC is supposed to be a fully fledged sampler. However these types of improvements are looking less and less likely as they would interfere with their plugin model.

But if Akai do want to release more synth plugins, they should come up with some new ideas, innovate.

I think they should steal another thing from Roland & add an advanced mode that has all the stuff you mentioned because not everyone wants to be a synths designer & a sound designer & a beat maker & a mixing & master engineer &...etc.

Akai, please listen to Tutor advice, he knows the MPC inside & out. He even wrote the Bible for it that yall seem to somehow never acknowledge :WTF: :smh: :lol:
By MGoolas Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:37 am
I just want tubesynth and hype combined together with a multimode filter.
Hype has some interesting sounds but it's modulation options are a joke while tubesynth is a great VA with just a low pass filter.
This and maybe enable user wave tables.
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:54 am
MGoolas wrote:I just want tubesynth and hype combined together with a multimode filter.
Hype has some interesting sounds but it's modulation options are a joke while tubesynth is a great VA with just a low pass filter.
This and maybe enable user wave tables.

Them 2 could make some pretty babies together.
By Rank31 Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:15 am
We have virtual analog synth with Tubesynth, good analogs synth clones with Odyssey/Model D/Jura, FM with OpX and kind of romplers with Hype/Fabric.

For sound designers what is missed is a wavetable synthetizer and a granular synth.

But before that, for my own needs, I would like Akai/Air to:
- Improve some UIs and especially OPX one which is pain in the ass
- Improve Drumsynth (which I love) by adding new percussion models and extending it to 16 voices
- Integrate Jura's arpegiator in all other plugins
- Propose Jura's great reverb as a standalone FX for free

I would be more than happy
By renegadebliss Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:52 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Just update keygroup program spec so we can start building our own synths. For example, the option to add a custom UI, mod matrix, more LFOs, better Q-link control of keygroup prarameters (potentially mapped to custom knobs in the UI), more advanced sampling options, wavetable support, etc.

Yes Yes Yes... I really need to retire my MPC 4000 - if they have to do it a plugin, so be it.. but just give us a full featured sampler :)
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:56 am
Rank31 wrote:We have virtual analog synth with Tubesynth, good analogs synth clones with Odyssey/Model D/Jura, FM with OpX and kind of romplers with Hype/Fabric.

For sound designers what is missed is a wavetable synthetizer and a granular synth.

But before that, for my own needs, I would like Akai/Air to:
- Improve some UIs and especially OPX one which is pain in the ass
- Improve Drumsynth (which I love) by adding new percussion models and extending it to 16 voices
- Integrate Jura's arpegiator in all other plugins
- Propose Jura's great reverb as a standalone FX for free

I would be more than happy

Don't forget to make Odyssey's delay Echo standalone as well. That thing is nasty. Check out this basic test jam I did using it. The Echo FX really starts doing its thing at around 2m25s: https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... ount=11047
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:07 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:I want them to stop making plugins, because it's preventing them from making their sampler decent. Every new synth plugin is a step to the wrong direction. Every time you pay for a synth plugin, is rewarding them for doing the wrong thing. Stop paying.

I just made a new thread for sampler request, so could you please post any sampler ideas there instead. Thank you.

The sampler request thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=216022
By Koekepan Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:29 pm
A spectral synth, with a DAHDSR on each of ... let's call it four spectra to keep it easy.

Add a bit of a modulation matrix, to allow for velocity, modwheel and a couple of other things, and you're good to go.

I'd also not mind seeing vocal synthesis. Right now I do that elsewhere and crossload as samples, but the ability to generate tuned and timed phonemes would be great.
By Neodymium Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:44 pm
Koekepan wrote:I'd also not mind seeing vocal synthesis. Right now I do that elsewhere and crossload as samples, but the ability to generate tuned and timed phonemes would be great.

What d you use for vocal synthesis?
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:51 pm
Koekepan wrote:A spectral synth, with a DAHDSR on each of ... let's call it four spectra to keep it easy.

Add a bit of a modulation matrix, to allow for velocity, modwheel and a couple of other things, and you're good to go.

I'd also not mind seeing vocal synthesis. Right now I do that elsewhere and crossload as samples, but the ability to generate tuned and timed phonemes would be great.

This all sounds very next level type of stuff. Do you have any videos you recommenend to watch or links?