MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:02 pm
[ :idea: Let put all of our Akai sampler feature ideas & request in 1 place.
Let's make the Akai ultimate sample engine...at least in theory :lol:
Please keep it this thread focused on the the topic of sampler ideas & not for general feature request. There's a thread for that pinned at the top of the 1st page.]

What basic & advanced sampler features should Akai add next?
How can the Drum/Keygroup Program be improved?

-I start by asking for an Auto-Looper in the Auto-Sampler section & maybe with setting to adjust the how it detects loop points if don't like the results.

-Add sample combine to the sample edit options like JJOS.

-More LFO's

-Customizable filters.

-A Pad Mod Matrix that lets pads mess each other in all kinds of ways.
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:26 pm
sparky wrote:Randomize LFO parameters

Greater global control (pitch, volume, pan, lfo, filter - the ability to assign these via q-link in the 4K to the whole project was a dream for sample mangling)

That sounds wonderful. We can kinda do that on the Force with the 16 envelope followers that can be used as LFOs, but it should put in the drum program & so each pad can have its own 16 LFO's or whatever number is possible/sensible :lol:
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:33 pm
mrmarbury wrote:a real and fully featured mod matrix that works with external gear as well

Akai can take a page from EMU's Command Station mod matrix which is the same as the Proteus 2000/2500. Very ahead of its time, especially for a hardware synth with a tiny screen.
By HUBA Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:34 pm
Loop point recognition, Free flowing LFO, negative phase for envelopes, amplifier as destination for key follow.

For starters.

The sampler engine is in desperate need of a deeper mod matrix overall.

I can think of other improvements I wouldn't mind either but those mentioned above should be dealt with first IMO.
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:44 pm
HUBA wrote:Loop point recognition, Free flowing LFO, negative phase for envelopes, amplifier as destination for key follow.

For starters.

The sampler engine is in desperate need of a deeper mod matrix overall.

I can think of other improvements I wouldn't mind either but those mentioned above should be dealt with first IMO.

Great suggestions & don't wait to share your other thoughts we'll add them all up from most important later.
Or as they say in writing;
"Get it down now, get it right later"
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:40 pm
- Keygroup and layer crossfading

- Combining round robins and velocity switching per keygroup

- 'Random' slice parameter (in addition to ALL, pad, 1,2, etc) - can be utilised in combination with a sliced sample to address lack of round robin support per layer

- More than 4 layers per keygroup

- More LFO waves (like Fabric, e.g. random drift)

- Edit multiple keygroups together (not just one or 'all')

- 'Q-link > Program' - assign a Q-link to control 'All' keygroups, not just a single keygroup (to allow dynamically changing a parameter across all keygroups, eg. amp release, filter cutoff etc)

- Make Qlink > Pad Scene work for keygroups (i.e. keygroup scene)

- Allow separate loop end point, and thus be able to use the actual original release tail of a sample when releasing a note

- Additional LFOs

- Free running LFOs

- Unique LFO, envelopes and filters per layer

- Custom program UI, to allow a plugin like experience for a program, with options to configure custom dials
'EFFECTS > Keygroup FX' (low CPU FX like 'DRUM FX', but optimised for use with instruments)

- Velocity sensitive decay (or v>custom, but I guess this falls under mod matrix)

- Allow -ve values for velocity sensitivity

- Assign mod wheel to other paramters

- mod matrix

- envelope follower

- Sample edit to use any installed fx plugin (i.e. not just the 'process' options) - make this non-destructive with it's own unique undo history)

- Batch audio processing

- Tagging editor (add searching and filtering meta data to samples and instruments)

- Lossless compressed audio option (e.g. like Kontakt ncw format)
By mr_debauch Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:51 pm
would be nice to be able to stream off the hard drive .. at the very least have the ability to stream off the drive in the sample edit mode until you can segment huge audio files.

I mean, it is double annoying when the machine already streams off the drive to audition the file in the browse menu but then won't let you load it.
By SakisX Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:24 pm
To add among others mentioned above
- Stem separation
- Better autosampler (detecting loop points)

I don't think Akai will ever provide a powerful sampling engine since it will hit the paid instruments (which seems to be InMusic's current focus)
By HUBA Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:38 pm
Shift lock feature for fine tuning

All layers parameter adjustment in drum programs

Loop position modulation

Cross modulation between layers

A second filter

More LFO's

Custom LFO waves

Audio rate modulation

Looping envelopes

An Akai developing team eager to implement such things without anyone having to tell them beforehand, not only because it would make things fun and trippy, which they can't help but being all about anyway, but because they realize fun and trippy sets gear apart from the bunch, which in market theory tend to equal profit. Well one can dream. Capitalism is truly lost on those who's only concern is money.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:46 pm
Sustain loop fine-tuning. If you have a sample of 440 Hz sounding pitch, sampled at 44100 Hz sampling rate, if you use a single-cycle sustain loop, the loop will currently be out of tune with the beginning of the sample. There is no way to have a single-cycle sustain loop of integer length produce a 440 Hz sound at 44100 Hz sampling rate. 100 samples is too short, 101 samples is too long. The loop needs to be fine-tuned separately.