MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By hyena Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:30 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Sustain loop fine-tuning. If you have a sample of 440 Hz sounding pitch, sampled at 44100 Hz sampling rate, if you use a single-cycle sustain loop, the loop will currently be out of tune with the beginning of the sample. There is no way to have a single-cycle sustain loop of integer length produce a 440 Hz sound at 44100 Hz sampling rate. 100 samples is too short, 101 samples is too long. The loop needs to be fine-tuned separately.

this is very important, together with what Mpc-Tutor asked about loop start\end to retain original tail of samples.
they might also copy how jjos2xl handled end\start of sustain loops: a graphic split window showing you on the left side the end of loop, on the right side the start of loop so you can easily make seamless loops. it's so easy, also Kontakt has it.

other features i'd like to see:
-sp404 style pad looping , toggle style: you hit a pad it loops indefinitely, you hit it again it stops. so simple, so easy, so good for some kind of performance. note: if you think clip mode does this you are wrong, clip mode is limited to the sequence length and tempo, while what i'm saying is completely free looping of a pad.
-one shot playback of sample like in the sp404mk2 (you hit the pad, or the sequencer plays the pad, if you press the pad again OR the sequence loops before the sample has ended, the sample is not retriggered and new notes are ignored until the sample is over then it can be retriggered\played again).
-tune follows tempo option without warp: you use "from bpm" as it is now, hit "match" so the mpc retunes the loop to be in time with sequence's bpm, then you engage "bpm sync". when you change tempo the mpc automatically changes the tune of all samples with bpm sync engaged, vinyl style. (here too the sp404mk2 does it very well).
-
By J.O.BEATS Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:54 am
These are all great suggestions but when was the last time Akai adding or improved anything to the sampler?

I really have zero faith they would invest any resources to this when the majority of their costumers are using splice and sample packs only
By Neodymium Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:37 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:These are all great suggestions but when was the last time Akai adding or improved anything to the sampler?

I really have zero faith they would invest any resources to this when the majority of their costumers are using splice and sample packs only

Although I tend to agree, I think these changes are not much of a selling point for Akai, but should be. I think if they were to do something dramatic at the same time, like add add wavetable and granular, and add a bunch of enhancements then they could launch the the changes with a big fanfair, and that would be a great selling point.

I posted quite big post on a a semi modular taking queues from the Microfreak. And although I still like the idea, once (Tutor) I think suggested Wave table and Granular be part of the sampler, it just made complete sense. It the layers were expanded and you could swatch layers for a sample engine, a granular engine, these could be mixed together it would be an (not a word I use much) awesome sampler/synth. Seems like it would create quite a stir.
By wavemartian Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:42 pm
ontherun wrote:Nice topic, would love more control over sample stuff.
Loop point detection without clicks would be nice.
Also some more time Stretching like Paulstretch or variphrase also.

Take a basic bass note, try playing around with the volume envelopes and adjust the filters, l still get clicks, it’s really annoying. Try the same on the 2000xl, with minimal adjustment l can get a smooth sounding bass note, no clicks. What is it with these new mpc’s?
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:30 pm
Loop Point Editing. As of now...the END Point becomes the Loop Point. Idiotic!!!
By SakisX Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:57 am
40Beatz wrote:Loop Point Editing. As of now...the END Point becomes the Loop Point. Idiotic!!!

As a workaround you can split the sample on the end point and assign the remaining to a new layer that triggers on release. But still it's a workaround

Maybe Akai will release a sampler $$$ as plugin :lol: (I suppose they are afraid to touch the old code :mrgreen: )
By 40Beatz Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:17 pm
SakisX wrote:
40Beatz wrote:Loop Point Editing. As of now...the END Point becomes the Loop Point. Idiotic!!!

As a workaround you can split the sample on the end point and assign the remaining to a new layer that triggers on release. But still it's a workaround

Lemme Try that out real quick. Good Lookin
By B-Wise Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:44 pm
bitermc wrote:
SakisX wrote:Maybe Akai will release a sampler $$$ as plugin :lol: (I suppose they are afraid to touch the old code :mrgreen: )

An MPC clone would be great... With plugin support!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't give them any weird ideas :lol:
By Monotremata Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:06 pm
There's been a guy from the 'Alpha' dev team posting lately on one of the Facebook groups, going over the stories of all the shit they had to push Akai to implement.. A post he made this weekend, claimed Akai didn't even want to do Keygroups initially because they didn't think anyone would use them.. That sampler is probably staying exactly the way it is until the MPC dies.

Who the **** did Akai's market research and told them users wouldn't want any of the things that made an MPC what it was?? Remember when they also thought people wouldn't want multi-timbral MIDI too?
By 40Beatz Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:53 pm
Unfortunately....Thats where the Revenue is! 3rd Party Instrument/Effect Companies are responsible for Most MPC users typing in their CC# spending money. MPC Users like us, want to Spend Money Once and have Intricate Sampler updates for Free :lol: