MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ibunshi Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:19 pm
Hey!

Got some mpc X audio issues..

It was working fine when I turned it off, but the next time I turned it on, I have no audio unless I cram the volume to the max, and then it's an extremely low and tinny sound - so practically unusable.

I suspect something has come loose inside the mpc, and have opened it up (I first tried all the regular stuff, resetting preferences and so on)

The reason I suspect it's something with the hardware is because I get loud pops and crackles in my headphones when I fiddle with the volume knob at the bottom/front, and at some point regained a bit more volume..

Same issues with the outs at the back, except I think from 5 to 8 the audio is a tiny bit higher.

And this is not an mpc that stays in the same location, I put it away when I'm done and maybe then something came loose inside.

But now that it's opened I'm not sure what to look for..

I see no loose plugs or anything, and I have only opened it up so I can look inside..

So before I start to unscrew circuit boards, I wanted to check if anyone here knows what I should focus on.. Or if they have any pictures for the audio cars or whatever, or YouTube clips they can point me at..

I checked YouTube, but could only find something similar for the MPC Live, but of course it does not look the same inside
By Ibunshi Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:12 pm
handthrow wrote:just a sanity check - the direct monitoring knob is not turned all the way to the left?

Always good to check, lol.. But nah, and I've checked all the knobs.