MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:16 pm
Since I did a thread for the synth & sampler I guess the the sequencer could use its own section. So please, like in the other threads, let's keep this focused on the sequencer.

Any sequencer suggestions or tips?

Here's 1: Have the the option link tracks by setting a track as the leader & others as follower, so all edits you do on the leader track will be copied to any follower track.
By ceeprm Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:43 pm
Some ideas to improve the sequencer:

The ability to easily reorder sequences (and tracks). Such a simple thing but would massively speed up work flow.

Allowing tracks to have lengths longer than the master sequence length and then allowing you to set different start points- ie track 1 starts bar 1 but track 2 on bar 3 etc... Also being able to loop different sections of tracks too.

Having a second sequence option (like the mpc 1000 jjos2xl) to play two sequences at the same time.

Not strictly the sequencer but having the audio tracks integrated (like plugins, drum programs etc) on the main page would be great!

cheers

Phil
By EnochLight Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:42 pm
B-Wise wrote:How Could the MPC Sequencer be improved?

It already has been improved. It's called an Akai Force. :wink: :lol:

/I'll see myself out
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:48 pm
EnochLight wrote:
B-Wise wrote:How Could the MPC Sequencer be improved?

It already has been improved. It's called an Akai Force. :wink: :lol:

/I'll see myself out

Oh shut with your fancy facts :lol:
This is to help out our MPC family.
By hyena Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:15 pm
1)Bring back Time Signature in main page and solve any existing time signature change issues in song mode or wherever.
2)Bring back Step Recording: hit record but don't hit play\play start, play on pads or midi keyboard, the mpc enter notes and autoadvances based on TC, you can enter rests either with jog wheel or some buttons (+ button is a good candidate).
3)Advanced Song Mode: ability to insert sequences (like it is now) but ability to choose not only how many times they loop, but also a loop start and end point which can be different in every step of the song.
4)Next Seq improvements: bring back jjos2xl\mpc 5000 advanced Next Seq options,like quantized sudden, like legato mode (jump from mid sequence to another sequence, the playhead in the new sequence starts were it left on the previous sequence)
5)Better handling of automations in Grid Edit: if i select some notes i must be able to edit automation\parameters (velocity etc...) ONLY for those notes, it seems to me like sometimes it works sometimes not...maybe i'm missing something...
By J5isalive Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:15 am
hyena wrote:1)Bring back Time Signature in main page and solve any existing time signature change issues in song mode or wherever.
2)Bring back Step Recording: hit record but don't hit play\play start, play on pads or midi keyboard, the mpc enter notes and autoadvances based on TC, you can enter rests either with jog wheel or some buttons (+ button is a good candidate).
3)Advanced Song Mode: ability to insert sequences (like it is now) but ability to choose not only how many times they loop, but also a loop start and end point which can be different in every step of the song.
4)Next Seq improvements: bring back jjos2xl\mpc 5000 advanced Next Seq options,like quantized sudden, like legato mode (jump from mid sequence to another sequence, the playhead in the new sequence starts were it left on the previous sequence)
5)Better handling of automations in Grid Edit: if i select some notes i must be able to edit automation\parameters (velocity etc...) ONLY for those notes, it seems to me like sometimes it works sometimes not...maybe i'm missing something...

Total agreement with Time Signature and Step Sequence points.
By Neodymium Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:54 am
I've seen a number of time requests for the step sequencer to add slurs, I assume for mono lines. But it seems to me that the current step sequencer is aimed at drums and percussion, not melodic mono line. Instead of trying to bend it to a different goal

I'd link them to implement a step sequencer aims at monophonic melodic lines. I think something like the block chainer would work really well with the q links. It's great for creating rhythmic lines, arpeggios using mixed arpeggio patterns, and the using probability to create variation and space. You can shift step in the blocks left or right, and reverse the direction of flow in each block The first screen could be all the settings and the block chain, then the next 4 pages could be 4 pairs of clocks.

By wavejockey Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:07 am
select non-consecutive notes

when selecting notes and applying a transform/edit (with the menu) keep the selection active (to apply multiple/other edits) on the same selection

clipboard/phrase board aka MPC 4000 where you can copy notes/or MIDI information into and paste in other tracks/sequences or save for later use

song sequencer : make a copy of the song (such a simple thing!)
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:24 pm
My Old Request...

The Ability to Move Tracks/FX Slots

It'll come with Firmware 4.2 :lol:
By Ibunshi Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:21 pm
1. Proper time signature editing, as available on the mpc 4000, but can be improved from there.. As it is now, the X feels hamstrung in that department.. It's faster for me to record into cubase and edit things to achieve what the mpc 4000 could do, than to use workarounds on the mpc x.. All because you can not alter the time sig on a bar which you have already recorded data on, whereas on the 4000 you could.

2. 2nd sequence feature, also as available on the mpc 4000 - this allows you to play a separate sequence at the same time as your main sequences.

Combined with time signature variations for different sequences, you get a pretty simple but powerful way to play with polyrhythms.

Mayhe one of the latest updates changes here, but I doubt it.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:42 pm
40Beatz wrote:My Old Request...

The Ability to Move Tracks/FX Slots

It'll come with Firmware 42. :lol:
By LivePsy Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:10 pm
Store individual pattern mute status for each track in each song step. You have to create a copy of pattern and remove tracks to do this now.
By fmq75 Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:18 am
Its not sequencer related but i would LOVE to see a traditional mixer like force!!

I‘m not even asking for the force arranger anymore. I have a force since 7 months and the arranger is not as great as it could/should be (although it‘s still better than arranging with numbers only…imo)