MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dirk_K Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:49 pm
Subject says it all.

I’m on the verge of pulling the trigger on an MPC Key but I would really prefer the retro color way (I have the retro MPC One). Any rumors or intel on this coming in the near future? I noticed the price has been dropped so I’m not sure if that is any kind of indicator.
By EnochLight Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:10 pm
Dirk_K wrote:Subject says it all.

I’m on the verge of pulling the trigger on an MPC Key but I would really prefer the retro color way (I have the retro MPC One). Any rumors or intel on this coming in the near future? I noticed the price has been dropped so I’m not sure if that is any kind of indicator.

Zero rumors. In fact, I'd wager you're 100% safe to pick it up as is, since there never has been an MPC keyboard workstation in Akai's history, so making a beige "retro" version might look... odd? :hmmm: Honestly, if anything looks good in all-black, it's keyboard workstations. But... that's IMHO. :lol: