MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bigrome Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:45 am
Ok I want to open my mpc one and swap sound cards ! Is this some dumb azz retarded shit to do or is it a do-able idea? I would settle for adding better sound chips if there was a data sheet with exact chips or mosfets to switch out with step by step instructions! Again DARS or DAI?
By bitermc Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:02 am
Well... Even if you could replace parts of the hardware, you'd have to reconfigure and recompile the kernel in order to support them.

Also, you can use any compliant USB sound card, so why bother modding?

If you want to be a mod hero, try adding a battery to the One :nod:
By B-Wise Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:06 am
Better sounding compared to what the 3k?
If so watch this MPC-X & 3k sound comparison demo & see if its still even necessary. The 3k vintage mode is more accurate then we would like to believe & even in non-vintage mode the X still sounded as good if not better than the 3k: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=216038
By kja Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:49 pm
Converters have gotten to the point even cheap stuff has incredible clarity. It has been proven over and over that expensive converters is fairy dust, only the tiniest difference and most can't hear it in double blinds. Even new generation converters are way better then ten years ago with basically perfect sound.
So you think the converters in the + or- $1000 mpc series are inferior? I promise you they are of good quality.. the converter saga is all smoke and mirrors really.
By cocosushi Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:09 pm
kja wrote:Converters have gotten to the point even cheap stuff has incredible clarity. It has been proven over and over that expensive converters is fairy dust, only the tiniest difference and most can't hear it in double blinds. Even new generation converters are way better then ten years ago with basically perfect sound.
So you think the converters in the + or- $1000 mpc series are inferior? I promise you they are of good quality.. the converter saga is all smoke and mirrors really.

eggzactly!
By B-Wise Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:34 pm
I wish you guys hating on the sound quality would post your music so we could know if the "poor converters"
are really what's the problem with your music & not something else that no quality converter could solve :wink:
By 40Beatz Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:26 pm
These Bozos don't want Clarity...They Want A Colored Sound (No Pun Intended :lol: )

They Actually want Akai to "Dirty Up" their Convertors....VERSUS...Using the Boatloads of Effects/EQs/Compression to Dirty It Down to give it that warm feeling.

Imagine Akai....Dumbing Down Their Convertors to satisfy the Bandwagon Riders....then the People who prefer a Clean Sound Erupts in Anger. Its HARDER to Clean Up a Warm Low Bit Sound, than it is Dirtying it Down.

Dudes want their MPCs to sound a Certain Way...right outta the Box! They Want Samples Already Dug. Instant Orchestral Sounds at their Fingertips. Pre-Made Chords etc.

"I want the COMPLETE BEAT made in 8 Keystrokes, Sounding like it did in the 80s, packaged up, ready to stream, with One Button!" :lol:

This will definitely ruffle the Sensitive Female Feathers :lol: Annnnddd Go
By B-Wise Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:24 pm
40Beatz wrote:These Bozos don't want Clarity...They Want A Colored Sound (No Pun Intended :lol: )

They Actually want Akai to "Dirty Up" their Convertors....VERSUS...Using the Boatloads of Effects/EQs/Compression to Dirty It Down to give it that warm feeling.

Imagine Akai....Dumbing Down Their Convertors to satisfy the Bandwagon Riders....then the People who prefer a Clean Sound Erupts in Anger. Its HARDER to Clean Up a Warm Low Bit Sound, than it is Dirtying it Down.

Dudes want their MPCs to sound a Certain Way...right outta the Box! They Want Samples Already Dug. Instant Orchestral Sounds at their Fingertips. Pre-Made Chords etc.

"I want the COMPLETE BEAT made in 8 Keystrokes, Sounding like it did in the 80s, packaged up, ready to stream, with One Button!" :lol:

This will definitely ruffle the Sensitive Female Feathers :lol: Annnnddd Go

I read "Instant Orchestral Sounds" as Instant Oatmeal Sounds" :lol:
By Lampdog Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:35 pm
40Beatz wrote:…They Actually want Akai to "Dirty Up" their Convertors....VERSUS...Using the Boatloads of Effects/EQs/Compression to Dirty It Down to give it that warm feeling….

x100.

Use the included efx.
Not what you want, move to a machine that gives you what you want.

By 40Beatz Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:03 pm
GM/FORD's Exhaust is too Clean and Quiet! I want that Dirty Non Catalytic Convertor Sound like the Old Models. GM/FORD...Go Back to that Loud Pollution Sound. I Paid All this money and I want it to sound Dirty like the Older Models! This Isn't Right!!!

Here.... Lemme make a Comparison Video real quick to show you the Difference! Boycott!

Guaranteed 5000 Likes!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:16 pm
40Beatz wrote:Dirty Non Catalytic Convertor

...is a GOOD NAME for a lo-fi album!