MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.

I might make the jump to Key 61 is it worth with the X

11%
11%
N/A
78%
N/A
By BeatWilson Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:46 am
I don't get it.. They all do the same thing... Just the difference of ram and hands on control..
I'm probably going wait to see how Akai responds to all this converter talk or if they do...
I wont hold my breathe though
By Certified Beatz Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:16 am
I was looking only at 3 caviar... ram which I never clip since I sketch in the MPC and finish in DAW which I mostly work in standalone.. 2 free plugins which I have demo and not bad would be nice to use on both X and 61.. lastly chord mode which I can use in other software.. not money to burn just want more in trophy case :o
By Lampdog Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:08 am
I have X.

I bought Keys61 on day one.

Coming from X q-links going to 4 is gonna PISS YOU OFF.
I love everything else about it, lol.

I was gonna sell it, but, ended up liking it more than I previously thought.
It was a want, not a need, I was and still am greedy sometimes.

Get it, sell it if you don’t like it.

It IS actually more of the same shit you already have though.
By 40Beatz Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:03 pm
If you Purchase the Key, You'll have to choose which MPC will the Expensive Midi Controller :lol:

I'm not sure but...can you run them Concurrent? Side by Side?
By Lampdog Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:50 pm
Selahl Tapes wrote:I have the Keys 61,the workflow feels way more fluent than the Live 2 and MPC One for me. I have never had the pleasure of using a X yet!

Once you play around with the 16 q-links it will be struggle to go back to 4 imo.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:03 pm
kaydigi wrote:
40Beatz wrote:If you Purchase the Key, You'll have to choose which MPC will the Expensive Midi Controller :lol:

I'm not sure but...can you run them Concurrent? Side by Side?

In stand-alone yes, you link them with midi or Ableton link . In controller mode, no .

Yeah it seems the software confusion has people forgetting about standalone 5pin dins.

X using usb midi to software.
Keys61 using 5pin din.
By Ultros Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:06 pm
Lampdog wrote:Yeah it seems the software confusion has people forgetting about 5pin dins.

^ this. not only is the mpc unit a soundcard in controller mode its also a midi host. If people just used proper din they could use their whole hoard of devices as midi input devices with the mpc sw.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:24 pm
Ultros wrote:^ this.

^ this upon this.

..is the way.
By Dirk_K Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:00 pm
I have an MPC One and I’m also thinking of making the switch. In fact I’m currently selling d pieces of my rig so I can pare down. At first I was thinking I would keep the MPC One in addition the to Key and use the One for quick rehearsals at places that have a 61 note midi keyboard available. However I am now thinking I will sell it and eliminate the redundancy. I’m a keyboard player and I love the plugin instruments, so this is going to be a huge time and space saving piece of kit. I could make an MPC Key work as a single keyboard rig, especially if the band is a short set or there is limited setup time.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:28 pm
Your a keyboardist and want an mpc, KEYS61 is for you.

If your a drum pad kinda person it’s NOT for you as you need to reach the pads and that gets old QUICK.

Tilt screen would have been REALLY nice.