MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NahBroListen Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:11 pm
Hey all,

I'm having an issue exporting stems from Standalone Mode onto my Mac, so as to mix and master them in Controller Mode, a separate Daw, or whatever.

My issue is a simple one. Once I compile a project into a 'Song Mode' and convert it into a Sequence, There is no 'Folder' icon in the middle top bar there. [b]This is where all the videos I've been watching and posts I've been reading on the subject point to as the next step in this export process.

Does anyone know an alternative way other than this folder method, or know how / why my folder icon is missing completely? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
[/b]
By Ultros Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:26 pm
It's easier than that. Once you lay your song out in song mode, go to the screen where you render. look at the left side. there is an option for "individual tracks" check that then just render it like any other song and it will bust it down into parallel tracks you can import and mix in your daw.
By NahBroListen Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:05 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:The folder went a few firmwares ago. Now just go to MENU > SAVE > Audio Mixdown and the individual tracks option is there.

So I did this process, exploded the tracks onto my SD card as wav files. Then, upon switching over to controller mode and trying to load these stems/ tracks from said SD card... the files just aren't there in the folder I saved them to. The files do show in that folder when plugged into my MPC One in standalone mode, but cannot be found in controller mode.

I appreciate your guys' help and I'm sure it's something small I'm missing. Anymore insight would be greatly appreciated.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:18 am
Controller mode is ️ computer, your computers hdd.

Standalone is where you saved the files to sd.

In controller mode you should be able to, on your computer, use Explorer/Finder to see your sd card drive.