MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JohnnyRayJr Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:22 am
Howdy yall,

so for the second time now the Live II has made this High Pitched "Beeeeeeeeeeeep" for like 3-4 seconds. that one can hear through the onboard Speaker or connected Speakers.

Sounds like an error tone or something.

But the Mpc works fine, been playing all day everyday, connected my synths to it etc, works flawlesly for me.

Does anyone know why that happens or what it means?

Best
Johnny
By Ultros Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:20 pm
Perhaps feedback on one of your lines. or one of your synths isnt receiving note-off and ringing out? open the project and look around for monitoring options maybe? if not could be some deeper issue.
By JohnnyRayJr Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:42 pm
its not a "Synth" tone, its a distinct "BEEEEEEP" like if something has an error or sort of, that kind of sound, but thanks, ill just see if it happens again, just got a 10hr mpc session done, it didnt happen.
By Ultros Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:01 am
It could be some kinda heat warning. I dont know if the mpc has an indication of sorts for that but id check heat and power issues first. 10h sounds like plenty of time to get toasty.
By JohnnyRayJr Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:55 am
Ultros wrote:It could be some kinda heat warning. I dont know if the mpc has an indication of sorts for that but id check heat and power issues first. 10h sounds like plenty of time to get toasty.

oh it happend like in the first 15mins of use the two times it happend, the whole 10hrs went fine, even if the untis should be the same almost, my live II doesnt get as warm as my first Live from 2018.

Im really curious what this could be, ill see if or when it happens again
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:33 pm
Your MPC is Cryin out to you...."Please NO More 10 Hour Sessions" :lol: