MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sfgreenwood Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:54 pm
The touchscreen on my Live 2 has stopped responding to touch. I can see that MPCStuff sells them but are there are any hard reset tips that might work? I'll ticket Akai as well but as they're being especially chocolate fireguard I don't expect much.
By Calcaire Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:23 pm
Hello same here.. touch screen just ceased to work from one day to another. MPC LIve 1 , firmware 2.12.2 .. Did reinstall firmware using ( REC + STOP + PLAY START depressed while powering on) , but no change : like the tactile is broken . Did anyone survive to that type of crash ?
By sfgreenwood Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:29 pm
It's been a while, but I sent mine to Akai UK. When it left my house it definitely wasn't responding. When it got to them, it was, so I suspect they didn't spend any time on looking at it. The issue has since been sporadic, and has been actually usually been fixed by giving it a gentle shake. On Friday it stopped again, but wouldn't come back, so this morning I took a deep breath and opened it up to look inside and at the very least to try and reseat connectors, but the screen assembly is beneath the PCBs, and I'm not really confident enough to take the thing completely to bits. I tested it before putting the case back on, and amazingly it was working, and is now still working after putting back it back together. I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the case flexing or expanding a little with changing temperatures, but that's frustrating as I'm working towards taking it out live and having visions of having to do that before playing.
By marctronixx Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:12 am
i took a live 2 apart twice to replace the controller board and to replace the screen. its all plug and play. the flexible cable that connects the screen to the board is super sensitive and it can be damaged if tampered with. its possible that with flexing the chassis/board you are correcting a continuity issue somewhere there that's not related to the screen but the board it connects to. also reseating connectors could have resolved it.