MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:14 pm
jpeg wrote:end of march next week lets be hopeful we get a nice easter suprise from akai

I told u that it would be coming for easter yee have little faith Lampdog and others who claimed march 2025; shame on you, lol

By jpeg Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:24 pm
hyena wrote:
to the one saying that we have proof that mpc stem separation tool is without artifacts, sorry i don't believe it. it cannot be absolutely 100% without artifacts. i listened to tubedigga examples and on some samples those artifacts were evident, same as rip-x and other tools which i tested out of curiosity.
artifacts are not bad per se, in fact back to the WARP analogy, i enjoy using extreme warp timestretching because of the weird artifacts it creates, but if you want to preserve the fullness of sound of a specific sample, it takes away something.

About stems sound qualtiy Pete Rock said the following ans I trust his ears above urs:

“This takes the art of sampling to the next level! The sound quality is incredible!”

Pete Rock
By EnochLight Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:34 pm
Looks like the stem separation tech is licensed from zPlane, which makes sense since the Elastique Pro algo is as well.
By EnochLight Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:15 pm
Blue Haze wrote:Stems and OS 2.14 is out now.

We've been talking about that for the past several posts... :nod: :lol:
By B-Wise Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm
These videos are too edited to really know what's actually going on. Like did they used records that they know worked well & they don't show how long it takes process. I rather wait for indie YouTubers giving honest reviews. But I will say this tho; when its clean its clean!

Can wait to sample them nature doc's about wolves or whatever that got background music & a dude talking some deep shit!
By Lampdog Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:30 pm
jpeg wrote:I told u that it would be coming for easter yee have little faith Lampdog and others who claimed march 2025; shame on you, lol

Ask someone else who gaf in the first place dude.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:07 am
Lampdog wrote:
jpeg wrote:I told u that it would be coming for easter yee have little faith Lampdog and others who claimed march 2025; shame on you, lol

Ask someone else who gaf in the first place dude.

:nod:
I didn't want to go there, but yeah you didn't tell us much:
1) Akai said it was coming out in March.
2) It didn't come out on Easter, which falls on the last day of the month this year, so saying it would be an Easter "surprise" as you mentioned on another post is self-fulfilling prophecy at best.

But if it makes you feel better, you was right & we was wrong for joking around about it coming out in 2025. But as you said elsewhere you don't joke... :|

Anyway I'm glad it here & can't wait to see some cool flips & how it will be used in uncommon ways. The next 5 years will be interesting as Marco Polo said!
By jpeg Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 am
B-Wise wrote:I didn't want to go there, but yeah you didn't tell us much:
1) Akai said it was coming out in March.
2) It didn't come out on Easter, which falls on the last day of the month this year, so saying it would be an Easter "surprise" as you mentioned on another post is self-fulfilling prophecy at best.

But if it makes you feel better, you was right & we was wrong for joking around about it coming out in 2025. But as you said elsewhere you don't joke... :|

Anyway I'm glad it here & can't wait to see some cool flips & how it will be used in uncommon ways. The next 5 years will be interesting as Marco Polo said!

nope i told u end of march and we got it, so bow down ; lmao
By jpeg Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am
B-Wise wrote:These videos are too edited to really know what's actually going on. Like did they used records that they know worked well & they don't show how long it takes process. I rather wait for indie YouTubers giving honest reviews. But I will say this tho; when its clean its clean!

Can wait to sample them nature doc's about wolves or whatever that got background music & a dude talking some deep shit!

stop making excuses u can hear how clean da shit sound; anyways u can now check and confirm for urself

for some reason people wanna say it has artifacts and the power of sound is being reduced by stems its all bollocks
By B-Wise Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:37 am
@jpeg do you actually read & fully comprehend other people replies before you quote them?
By pedro_oliveira1993 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:15 am
Why all the agression in here?

Not sure where to post since there's 2 stems threads. Anyway. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

Did not try it extensively. From what I did try I can't say it doesn't have artifacts or that is perfectly 100% clean like the videos try to make it.

It sort of depends on what you throw at it. Genre, recording/file quality.

Having said this for the sake of being as honest and unbiased as I can be, it totally blew my expectations. (I'll say it again, limited experimentation because I lacked the time). But shit sounded goooooood. Like mad good. Not just usable. Good good. The Drums stems (for the most part) surprised the hell out of me. Bass too. You can totally take breaks and one shots, flatten the pad and save them as they are. I was expecting flat shit sounding drums but most of what I tried worked really well. With a bit of editing they'll sound even better.

It mostly gave me results that I would categorize as perfect (for what it is, what is doing price and in comparison with Serato for instance) or near that most of the times if we keep the focus on drums, bass, vocals, other. And when it didn't it wasn't shit. It was still very very good/extremely usable. I think that out of 15 examples I only got 2 or 3 where the music layer sounded carved and "pumpy".

I have no problem shitting on InMusic if I feel they're acting funny. But for the price and what it delivers, I think it's absolutely a great tool to add to the MPC worklow.

I'd love if it was better implemented with the convert process, but they have time to improve that.

I know it depends on what you want to use if for, genre, aesthetic, etc. Good for me might be shit for someone else. Hopefully I didn't get lucky with the tracks I used.

For 9.99$ it's a no brainer. But I'll wait to read a review for more seasoned MPC users.