MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:42 pm
[quote="sparky"]I can’t wait for the future, think of all those great records to come, lifting previously inextricable grooves from those same dead old musicians with their outdated ideas. Look what AI is already doing to peoples’ humanity, and we don’t even have stems yet.

Stems already existed for years now. It only recently new for the MPC. Also, I wasn't necessarily referring to dead musicians, but anyone that defined; "real music as only made by live playin" real" instruments" as TT_Lab said. Sometimes reading compression is important.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:43 pm
sparky wrote:I can’t wait for the future, think of all those great records to come, lifting previously inextricable grooves from those same dead old musicians with their outdated ideas. Look what AI is already doing to peoples’ humanity, and we don’t even have stems yet.

Stems already existed for years now. It only recently new for the MPC. Also, I wasn't necessarily referring to dead musicians, but anyone that defined; "real music as only made by live playin" real" instruments" as TT_Lab said. Sometimes reading compression is important.
By sparky Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:57 pm
That’s one way of missing the point. You stated with what reads as tacit approval that these people (whoever they are) ‘died during covid as well as their old dated ideas’. I’ll just leave that there for contemplation.
By EnochLight Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:13 pm
Yeah I'm not sure why B-Wise said that, other than to be fashionable (as hating "boomers" seems to be all the rage with Gen Z and the Millenials). Besides, we lost more of the "silent generation" than any since Covid began, so not sure what that was all about.
By TT_Lab Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:35 pm
EnochLight wrote:Yeah I'm not sure why B-Wise said that, other than to be fashionable (as hating "boomers" seems to be all the rage with Gen Z and the Millenials). Besides, we lost more of the "silent generation" than any since Covid began, so not sure what that was all about.

I'm not millenial nor z, I'm X Gen. Boomers are my parents I guess :lol:
By EnochLight Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:42 pm
TT_Lab wrote:I'm not millennial nor z, I'm X Gen.

Also known as, the BEST generation. :nod:

By B-Wise Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:06 pm
EnochLight wrote:Yeah I'm not sure why B-Wise said that, other than to be fashionable (as hating "boomers" seems to be all the rage with Gen Z and the Millenials). Besides, we lost more of the "silent generation" than any since Covid began, so not sure what that was all about.

I was very specific about who my comment was directed towards & it wasn't just Boomers in general & I never said nor was my statement based in hating anyone. That's your assumption. Whether you agree or disagree with the fact that a lot of older people from the 80/90s that had some gatekeeperish way of thinking about what is "real music" died during covid is something different. But this isn't the forum for that convo.

Anyway back to the main topic of Stems. There's still about 11 days left in March. How many of you think Akai is gonna make it happen before April Fools Day? :popcorn:
By sparky Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:15 pm
The issue I had was not about whichever generation it was, but that the comment seemed to take satisfaction in the fact that these people (whoever they were) whose artistic/technical ideals were different, may have died, possibly in great suffering and isolated from friends and family. Careless, callous, and suggestive of an unhealthy attitude towards people with differing opinions.
By EnochLight Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:28 pm
B-Wise wrote:Whether you agree or disagree with the fact that a lot of older people from the 80/90s that had some gatekeeperish way of thinking about what is "real music" died during covid is something different. But this isn't the forum for that convo.

I absolutely 100% agree that there were older people in the 80's/90's that had a gatekeeperish way of thinking about what is "real music", just as there are older people NOW in 2024 that have a completely different definition of what "real music" is, and there were older people in the 1950's 60's, and 70's that had a completely different definition of what "real music" is . My point was - Covid killed more of the silent generation than boomers, is all.

sparky wrote:The issue I had was not about whichever generation it was, but that the comment seemed to take satisfaction in the fact that these people (whoever they were) whose artistic/technical ideals were different, may have died, possibly in great suffering and isolated from friends and family. Careless, callous, and suggestive of an unhealthy attitude towards people with differing opinions.

Then there's THAT. But I don't think that was B-Wise' intent.
Last edited by EnochLight on Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sparky Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:32 pm
I appreciate it may not have meant that, but that’s literally how it reads. If it wasn’t meant that way I suggest it be edited.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:19 pm
sparky wrote:I appreciate it may not have meant that, but that’s literally how it reads. If it wasn’t meant that way I suggest it be edited.

How something literally reads & how you interpret what you read, written by someone you never met & whose intend you don't know is 2 very different things.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:36 pm

I was commenting on the paragraph before the Silent generation point.

I don't what the other dude is talking about me getting satisfaction from them suffering & all that from my short statement. Sounds like I trigger a bad memory & the person is reading way more into it then my initial intention. Which was, don't worry about what others think too much because all we die & when we do all of of thoughts & opinions dies with us.

Being very objective is why INTP's aren't invited to many social events, but we don't mind. So it works out well for everybody.
If you like me don't invite me, but call me to tell all about :lol:
By TT_Lab Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:42 pm
EnochLight wrote:I absolutely 100% agree that there were older people in the 80's/90's that had a gatekeeperish way of thinking about what is "real music", just as there are older people NOW in 2024 that have a completely different definition of what "real music" is, and there were older people in the 1950's 60's, and 70's that had a completely different definition of what "real music" is . My point was - Covid killed more of the silent generation than boomers, is all.

The difference is the old people are us now. :lol: So maybe we should strive to do better and not gatekeeping nor diminishing youngsters' capabilities and chances. :nod:
By Ultros Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:07 pm
I admire all music from all generations. Theres no *timeline* to good music. Either its good and it hits or it doesnt. It will be sad when the older generations pass on we will lose some of the best people to ever walk our planet imho. i dont feel like the subsequent generations or nearly as intelligent or capable as the ones passing away and that scares me. The boomers werent born into crack dens and fentanyl useage. they were born to the men and women who faught the hardest war in mans existence before humanities genetics and psychology was mutated by drug use. How can anyone not respect that? look at whay we have because of them.