MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By chrisroland Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:34 am
Certified Beatz wrote:
only worked for me at Akai Pro, not InMusic

That's correct I didn't, I didn’t see opx-4 at the mpc store?

i just searched for "opx-4" at Akai Pro and it came up (wasn't displayed alongsided the Fabric XL one on the New Items splash page for whatever reason)
By Lampdog Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:12 am
All 3 are BEASTS!!
My default templates first 4 plugins are Fabric xl, Opx-4, Mini-D and Odyssey.
Flavor pro is ALWAYS on a send somewhere, ALWAYS.
By jpeg Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:58 am
johnnytravels wrote:The Air plug-in patches sucked so bad they are now offering more of their wack ass sounds as an additional purchase :-D :smh: :fku:

based on the demo video these presets are very generic; and borderline shit I would say the defaul presets on opx sound better then this new preset pack.

hopefully they get some good sound designers to do some genere specific preset packs for each of the vsts, but this opx one was not it.
By Certified Beatz Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:44 pm
johnnytravels wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:I don't get why those come this forum and type crap.. I bought 2 out 3 and going to opx-4 expansion today.. don't like don't buy it..

It’s because some of us would buy if most of the Air stuff didn’t sound so darn awful

So do you have any ssl plugins any out board gear really? Yes there not Native instruments quality but it's standalone and there tools to make them sound beefy to your style.. to each as on..
By NearTao Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:13 pm
Just an update on the Marco Polo Flavor Pro expansion and installation instructions. I got some comments in the video and did a quick check.

* The Marco Polo Flavor Pro .xpl files are not encrypted... so will not work in the "Plugin Expansions" folder
* The instructions tell you to copy the files to an SD or USB card, and then individually load every preset and then save it to your internal folder SD card folder (likely the proper instructions if Flavor Pro came pre-installed on the MPC)
* The instructions don't seem to work if you *bought* Flavor Pro, and instead it's just easier to copy them into your /Synth presets folder where you installed Flavor Pro into.

Made a video about all this for anybody who cares...

By MPC-Tutor Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:24 pm
Yes, loading each individual preset and re-saving individually is effectively the 'official' way you have to install presets for any plugin that is pre-installed on the system as it's the only way to get them into the user folder on the internal drive.

It's funny because I wanted to avoid this in my plugin expansions as I assumed end users would find it laborious, but Akai don't seem to have an issue with it themselves, even though they can make the changes needed to allow a method to bulk install this stuff. Why this doesn't work with the new 'plugin expansions' folder method is baffling.

All this seems so half baked, they had an opportunity to completely open up the preset system to allow easy install for custom libraries, both from Akai and from third parties, and instead they've come up with the most confusing and crippled system they could possibly think of.
By J.O.BEATS Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:25 pm
wtf
That seems more than a little tedious. No way it should require that much work from the user. Do they not want to sell these things? Or do they just know mpc customers will buy whatever they put out regardless of how busted or half baked it is (rhetorical question, I already know the answer)
By outgo Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:17 pm
[quote="MPC-Tutor"]Pro Motion not working on the Force (latest firmware), the 'Plugin Expansion' folder is ignored, and the XPL files won't even load from the browser directly either.[/quote]

Bummer, thanks for confirming. This just drove me crazy trying to install the expansion or even single presets.
It says it should be compatible with Force though in the installation instructions.
By SynthMusicGuy Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:26 am
The concept behind Pro Motion is exactly that: Motion. OPx-4 has no sequencer or arpeggiator so the movement within the presets is achieved using LFOs, pitch envelopes, looped operator envelopes and creative use of the modulation matrix. In some presets re-striking the same note will cause different pitches to play thanks to the Note Counter; try Taidana Gogo, Renewed Blip, etc.

The results are unexpected loops that are easy to interact with and customize to your tracks.
By EnochLight Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:15 pm
SynthMusicGuy wrote:The concept behind Pro Motion is exactly that: Motion. OPx-4 has no sequencer or arpeggiator so the movement within the presets is achieved using LFOs, pitch envelopes, looped operator envelopes and creative use of the modulation matrix. In some presets re-striking the same note will cause different pitches to play thanks to the Note Counter; try Taidana Gogo, Renewed Blip, etc.

The results are unexpected loops that are easy to interact with and customize to your tracks.

Lol… this sounds like a copy/paste from a marketing statement. But yeah, Pro Motion is bad ass. Easily one of the coolest plugin Expansions so far.