MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mp3 Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:53 pm
- Does setting the internal keyboard routing to 'local off' also do the same for pitchbend, mod wheel, and sustain pedal? i.e. are they also sent to the MIDI out or do they still affect the currently selected track?

- Same question for setting the internal keyboard routing to 'tracks'. Basically I want to know if the pitch, mod, and sustain follow the keyboard setting, or if they are always sent to the current track, like the pads. The manual is mum on the subject.

Reason I'm asking is my live rig right now is an MPC One, a laptop w/mainstage, and a keyboard controller and I'm thinking I can replace the one and the controller with an MPC key 61. Then I can use the keys (and pitch/mod/sustain) to control mainstage, while the pads trigger internal MPC samples. As long the 'local off' and/or 'tracks' setting works like I would think it should, then it'll work.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:These are the setting I used, v2.12.3 firmware.
I was able to pitch bend and mod wheel the emu turbophatt, it didn’t mater what program type showed on main menu or midi channel. The only thing that mattered was what port to send midi. It works as you expected it to work.

“USB Midi MIDI 1” is the EMU TURBO PHATT adapter/connector

By mp3 Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:08 pm
So got my 61, got it all set up, and of course there’s a damn fly in the ointment.

If you set the keyboard to local off and press keys, the pads change banks. Because, leave it to Akai to give us a local off function that doesn’t fully disable local control. Smh. Where can I submit a bug report?
By Lampdog Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:09 am
I would have checked if you had mentioned it.
I didn’t think to try that cause it’s not the way I work.
By 83dude Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:43 am
mp3 wrote:Where can I submit a bug report?

It‘s easiest in MPC software. There‘s a smilie in the lower right corner.
By mp3 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:33 am
Lampdog it’s all good I didn’t think to ask because I figured local off meant local off smh.

Thanks 83dude, will do today. It’s prob not a bug it’s probably just something they didn’t think thru all the way but imma submit it anyway.