MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dehromie Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:24 pm
Good Day All,

When routing my tracks to Mono Outputs 1, 2 3 etc Its reverts back and doesn't stick, not sure what to do.. I don't believe I have any automation associated, but its beyond frustrating at this point, any help would be appreciated
By dehromie Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:12 pm
Thanks for the response. Its not a template im working on, its a sequence i created. Im trying to route the kick, bass, snare, melody into my model 12 channels. Ive done it before with no issues. Not sure what happened.
Also whats weird is if i route lets say track one on the mpc which is the kick to output 1 , the second track which is the snare is automatically showing output 1 without me doing anything , where it should still be outputs 1/2.
By Neodymium Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:31 am
Is this on the Tascam Model 12, so are you connected to it by USB or is it the MPC's own audio out connected to the 12's audio in?
By Hideous mutant Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:00 am
dehromie wrote:Thanks for the response. Its not a template im working on, its a sequence i created. Im trying to route the kick, bass, snare, melody into my model 12 channels. Ive done it before with no issues. Not sure what happened.
Also whats weird is if i route lets say track one on the mpc which is the kick to output 1 , the second track which is the snare is automatically showing output 1 without me doing anything , where it should still be outputs 1/2.

Are you routing a whole drum program instead of individual kick/snare pads?
By Lampdog Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:12 pm
Sounds like a whole drum program is routed to Out 1+2??
One of those samples is mono and one is stereo??

Not enough initial specific detail to figure it out.
By hyena Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:35 am
you are probably using multiple tracks to sequence one single drum program, which is cool but can get you confused.
if you do so you don't have to route all the drum program from the channel mixer to individual outs , instead you open your PAD MIXER and route individual pads to separate outputs. keep in mind that if you have some effect on the drum program in the channel mixer, the individual pads you route to separate outputs will not be affected by the drum program effect, you can still use the 4 effects slots per PAD in the pad mixer section tho.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:15 pm
Lampdog wrote:Sounds like a whole drum program is routed to Out 1+2??
One of those samples is mono and one is stereo??

Not enough initial specific detail to figure it out.

For some reason my mind went to 2kxl logic, never mind me.
By dehromie Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:38 pm
hyena wrote:you are probably using multiple tracks to sequence one single drum program, which is cool but can get you confused.
if you do so you don't have to route all the drum program from the channel mixer to individual outs , instead you open your PAD MIXER and route individual pads to separate outputs. keep in mind that if you have some effect on the drum program in the channel mixer, the individual pads you route to separate outputs will not be affected by the drum program effect, you can still use the 4 effects slots per PAD in the pad mixer section tho.

That's exactly what I realized I was doing... As a solution I saw something on line that suggest I should duplicate and rename the program for each track which uses the same program, seems like a lot of work. Your suggestion is to route the pad instead? Will take a look into that now, thank you and everyone else!
By jamos Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:15 pm
The solution you saw online is probably more complicated than it needs to be. Each drum can be separately routed to the outputs, without going through the program output. Or you can use multiple programs. Both ways work.