MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By J.O.BEATS Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:39 pm
Saw it on reddit awhile back. Pretty cool idea. Could never travel with it though. I always thought they could have made the live screen retractable like the X. No reason not to
By Lampdog Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:39 pm
Ill-Green wrote:The MPC X....

Nope, X is fine the way it is.

I can see this for MPC Key61! I'd buy it.
By jpeg Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:31 am
Ill-Green wrote:https://ko-fi.com/s/d418d31ecc

Thought I share this, its a lift kit for your MPC Live screen. The MPC X should take note, its not as flimsy.

impressive; it looks good am sure when they do the live 3 (in however many years) akai will jack this idea
By Lampdog Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:11 pm
kaydigi wrote:On the flip side I’m debating on selling the MPC One and just buying a X.

If you have loot/space for the X I'd say GET IT. The ease of use for q-links alone can't be stressed enough. Recently had a friend who was in the same boat as you, eventually went to X and is highly satisfied from what I've heard.

I went to X right away after messing with Live. I KNEW what it was.
By Ill-Green Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:17 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:The MPC X....

Nope, X is fine the way it is.

I can see this for MPC Key61! I'd buy it.

I like the X screen is adjustable, this however is non-adjustable angle. Looks cool but from this video of how to install looks pretty daunting for a beginner, he just removes cables and not explain what goes where.

By B-Wise Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:10 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
I like the X screen is adjustable, this however is non-adjustable angle. Looks cool but from this video of how to install looks pretty daunting for a beginner, he just removes cables and not explain what goes where.

It's best to take pictures & or video while doing this.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:36 am
Ill-Green wrote:I like the X screen is adjustable, this however is non-adjustable angle. Looks cool but from this video of how to install looks pretty daunting for a beginner, he just removes cables and not explain what goes where.

I think people will want a way to retract/flip down the screen.
By EnochLight Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:57 am
I often sit with my Live 2 in my lap on the couch, so a non-adjustable screen wouldn't work for me at all. I suspect I'm not alone.
By B-Wise Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:51 am
Someone on the hacked Force OS MockbaMod discord put a hinge of their tilt screen mod. I'll try to find it & post it here. It was really cool & convenient.