MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jamos Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:48 pm
Hey all, if you can't live without stems, just download StemRoller, which is free.
By 40Beatz Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:29 pm
Cool
By marctronixx Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:03 pm
jamos wrote:Hey all, if you can't live without stems, just download StemRoller, which is free.

just did a random song from anita baker and it really did a great job. appreciate the heads up.
By B-Wise Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:25 pm
jamos wrote:Hey all, if you can't live without stems, just download StemRoller, which is free.

True. The MPC hasn't had stems for about 35 years, so whatever...
By jpeg Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:44 am
marctronixx wrote:

just did a random song from anita baker and it really did a great job. appreciate the heads up.

how long did it take to create the stems?
By B-Wise Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:58 am
jpeg wrote:once the cats out the bag peeps dont look back

Plus its most likely younger dudes that just hopped on the MPC & want everything NOW!. I got the Force so I'm forced to be patient or cop a used MPC One or use a free software StemRoller. :mrgreen:
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:06 am
Most of the guys piling the pressure on for Akai to release it now are likely the same guys who'll be screaming about bugs and missing features. Let them work on it and make it as good as possible.

That said, Akai really should know better than to make pre-announcements like this, these things rarely follow expected timelines and it was always going to encourage the impatient mob. :)
By MPC_Maschinist Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:28 am
I expect that there will be some content owners who will think that stem separation is a break of their intellectual property rights and sue every involved party. At least when stem separation is available to the masses on several platforms.

IP lawyers and court rulings will tell us what is allowed and what costs an arm and a leg if you break IP. :roll:
By jpeg Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:05 am
B-Wise wrote:
jpeg wrote:once the cats out the bag peeps dont look back

Plus its most likely younger dudes that just hopped on the MPC & want everything NOW!. I got the Force so I'm forced to be patient or cop a used MPC One or use a free software StemRoller. :mrgreen:

for some reason I thought the force could also work in controller mode with the mpc software
By jpeg Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:06 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Maybe the announcement stopped someone from buying an SP-404 mkII or Novation Circuit Tracks or something.

i think the EP-133 stopped people buying those units; despite all the bugs and the functionality still to be added
By jpeg Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:08 am
MPC_Maschinist wrote:I expect that there will be some content owners who will think that stem separation is a break of their intellectual property rights and sue every involved party. At least when stem separation is available to the masses on several platforms.

IP lawyers and court rulings will tell us what is allowed and what costs an arm and a leg if you break IP. :roll:

dudes been sampling regadless of the law if anything stems will make it harder to trace what sample is being used peeps start chopping and flipping stems, bu th eaverage bedrom beat maker dont give a dam bout no IP or legalities
By jpeg Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:23 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Most of the guys piling the pressure on for Akai to release it now are likely the same guys who'll be screaming about bugs and missing features. Let them work on it and make it as good as possible.

That said, Akai really should know better than to make pre-announcements like this, these things rarely follow expected timelines and it was always going to encourage the impatient mob. :)

I dont know why they announced before ready; its almost like they wanted pre-orders, or just to drum up some excitment around mpc features before releasing mpc key 37; so perhaps it was marketing genius as some have claimed.