MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:38 pm
Creative Marketing!!!

They're probably having issues with Potential Copyright Infringement situations. But that doesn't make sense bcz other software companies are using the technology. Akai made a Big Stink about it, is where they're f*ckin up. Trying to sell the Technology on the side ($10 a pop).
By jpeg Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:29 pm
40Beatz wrote:Creative Marketing!!!

They're probably having issues with Potential Copyright Infringement situations. But that doesn't make sense bcz other software companies are using the technology. Akai made a Big Stink about it, is where they're f*ckin up. Trying to sell the Technology on the side ($10 a pop).

the delay is nothing to do with copyright issues; as stems tech does not breach copyright in of itself; as people might use stems to sample copyright fre materiale, so akai making this technology does not infringe on any copyright.
By jpeg Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:33 pm
B-Wise wrote:
jaymack wrote:Prpb till trying to make it work with the meager standalone specs

I hope they'd worked that out on standalone before telling us about, but who knows. It would be nice if they gave us an guess to when they plan on dropping it on standalone. I'm not a needy type, so I'll keep myself busy with other projects that doesn't need stems until its ready for the box. Hopefully the Force will get it, if not, that's what used MPC One's are for.

pretty sure the force will get stems also; in fact i would assumed they would get it before mpc as it seems the force OS is more advanced version wise then the mpc and they having being using force os to test certain features before deploying to mpc.
but i hear the same thing happened with flex beat it was software first before coming to standalone; i would of prefered they had the shit ready to go before hyping it but i think it was part of their sales pitch for the mpc key 37
By B-Wise Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:46 pm
jpeg wrote:
B-Wise wrote:I hope they'd worked that out on standalone before telling us about, but who knows. It would be nice if they gave us an guess to when they plan on dropping it on standalone. I'm not a needy type, so I'll keep myself busy with other projects that doesn't need stems until its ready for the box. Hopefully the Force will get it, if not, that's what used MPC One's are for.

pretty sure the force will get stems also; in fact i would assumed they would get it before mpc as it seems the force OS is more advanced version wise then the mpc and they having being using force os to test certain features before deploying to mpc.
but i hear the same thing happened with flex beat it was software first before coming to standalone; i would of prefered they had the shit ready to go before hyping it but i think it was part of their sales pitch for the mpc key 37

I think so too for same the reasons, tho, I don't they'll let the Force get "MPC"-Stem first, which made me just think, maybe they're working on a Force-Stems version in secret. Like why not just call it Akai-Stems if its gonna be on both platforms. Could be a marteting thing as the term "MPC" is more popular than the word Akai. F'n red ninja sh*t at its finest... so who knows?