MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:26 am
chrisroland wrote:i'm rarely using half the available RAM per project but quickly hit 50+% CPU usage once even basic FX on the drum program samples start hitting. really should be much more powerful, honestly given the current state of chips in your average laptop

What Basic FXs are you talking about & how many are you using to 50% :hmmm:
By chrisroland Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:55 am
B-Wise wrote:What Basic FXs are you talking about & how many are you using to 50% :hmmm:

usually just a bit of delay on vocal samples to fill them out (and not even using the MPC to sequence my tracks). on average i'll have the first four banks in a drum program dedicated to all my samples for a given project (vocals, percussion, loops, random ear candy). i'll flatten to pad for some of them if it really gets gummed up but i personally don't like the way flattened samples sound relative to the raw original with FX applied -- at least to my ears there is usually a noticeable loss of presence with the flattened version
By B-Wise Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:11 am
chrisroland wrote:
B-Wise wrote:What Basic FXs are you talking about & how many are you using to 50% :hmmm:

usually just a bit of delay on vocal samples to fill them out (and not even using the MPC to sequence my tracks). on average i'll have the first four banks in a drum program dedicated to all my samples for a given project (vocals, percussion, loops, random ear candy). i'll flatten to pad for some of them if it really gets gummed up but i personally don't like the way flattened samples sound relative to the raw original with FX applied -- at least to my ears there is usually a noticeable loss of presence with the flattened version

So without the FX what's the %?
Does Resampling give you better sound quality vs Flattening?
By kazakore Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:34 pm
chrisroland wrote:

No way those effects should get you any where near 50%. I'm guess maybe you're using Warp to live time-stretch samples to fit your tempo?? That eats the CPU quick! Plus the MPC timestretch has some bugs so might be worth doing outside the unit if you're positive you have the tempo of the project locked down.
By B-Wise Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:21 pm
kazakore wrote:No way those effects should get you any where near 50%. I'm guess maybe you're using Warp to live time-stretch samples to fit your tempo?? That eats the CPU quick! Plus the MPC timestretch has some bugs so might be worth doing outside the unit if you're positive you have the tempo of the project locked down.

That's what I was thinking, especially with just 1 program that uses 4 banks. But maybe a lot the samples are long. I need more info, but it seems like something else is going on. :hmmm: