MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:27 pm
Bounce some of your tracks with effects
By hyena Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:21 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:I don’t care about ram
But I understand the pushback since Akai made a big deal about the X se and key 61 having 4gb

If it’s not crucial to making music with an mpc then why is it so valuable to the SE and 61?

because of them ram-crunching fabric plugins. they eat up ram very quickly.
By B-Wise Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:08 am
But I understand the pushback since Akai made a big deal about the X se and key 61 having 4gb

If it’s not crucial to making music with an mpc then why is it so valuable to the SE and 61?

Come on bro you know everyone uses the same device in different ways. Believe it or not there's people that never use the sampler. RAM not being crucial is your assessment you based on the way you use it.
By BDRAKE Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:36 pm
B-Wise wrote:RAM not being crucial is your assessment you based on the way you use it.

That's absolutely true. I don't see why there wouldn't be a 4gb or more version knowing how some producers love to use multiple vst's and make heavily orchestrated music. It was a logical move for the 61 imo.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:45 pm
This is why, for me at least, they missed a trick with the MPC Key 37. It's fine that it's just an MPC One+ with keyboard, but it definitely needs the 4GB ram to fullfil the 'workstation' aspect and utilise all those ram-hungry plugins. Like it or not, plugins like studio strings and studio piano etc are not in any way optimised for the 2GB ram environment, they were built with 4GB in mind.

This is why people on 2GB systems just need to buy my MPC Instrument Bundle instead, as most of the instruments in there use less than 7% ram (in fact most use less than 3%). :)
By B-Wise Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:29 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:This is why, for me at least, they missed a trick with the MPC Key 37. It's fine that it's just an MPC One+ with keyboard, but it definitely needs the 4GB ram to fullfil the 'workstation' aspect and utilise all those ram-hungry plugins. Like it or not, plugins like studio strings and studio piano etc are not in any way optimised for the 2GB ram environment, they were built with 4GB in mind.

This is why people on 2GB systems just need to buy my MPC Instrument Bundle instead, as most of the instruments in there use less than 7% ram (in fact most use less than 3%). :)

:nod: I see what you did there. Make your money fam! He could've mention your sound packs as an alternative. I'll add that as a comment later.

I think Akai really just didn't know how well these plugins would sell with older MPC-heads & didn't want to potentially waste money on more RAM in 2017 or really before that when they first made these current MPCs, bc like Tefty said in the video, 2GB will be enough for most people using the MPC in its traditional way, especially if your not using plugins or already have ext synths.

Still no excuse for why the Keys37 didn't come with more RAM, unless they're just trying to sell the rest of those 2BG boards they stocked up on & also figured that most keyboards users would already have ext synths so they wouldn't need the extra RAM & if they do, there's the 61 model. Who the hell knows the ways the mysterious red ninja? :hmmm:
By J.O.BEATS Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:58 pm
B-Wise wrote:

Come on bro you know everyone uses the same device in different ways. Believe it or not there's people that never use the sampler. RAM not being crucial is your assessment you based on the way you use it.

Bro! It was satire. I was question the hypocrisy of people saying ram doesn’t matter but bought the Xse and key because of the ram

I personally don’t need it but it’s ridiculous that Akai is selling a workstation where you can’t even load up a few sounds without maxing it out.
By B-Wise Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:18 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:Bro! It was satire. I was question the hypocrisy of people saying ram doesn’t matter but bought the Xse and key because of the ram

I personally don’t need it but it’s ridiculous that Akai is selling a workstation where you can’t even load up a few sounds without maxing it out.

My bad, but the way you wrote it made it difficult to tell.
By Ultros Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:47 pm
Ive never run out of ram on this machine. Just to do a test i set the time limit on the sampler to 60 mins on an empty project hit record and it recorded all 60 minutes lol.

i never use stuff like fabric though, it's not terrible it just doesnt fit on the MPC in a way where its useful so i banished then from my work Most of my projects are only a couple megabytes even the crap where ive recorded in my own layers of external synths and what not.

I make use of the 'purge unused samples' option alot when recording and that's a big help right there.
By B-Wise Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:05 pm
Ultros wrote:Ive never run out of ram on this machine. Just to do a test i set the time limit on the sampler to 60 mins on an empty project hit record and it recorded all 60 minutes lol.

i never use stuff like fabric though, it's not terrible it just doesnt fit on the MPC in a way where its useful so i banished then from my work Most of my projects are only a couple megabytes even the crap where ive recorded in my own layers of external synths and what not.

I make use of the 'purge unused samples' option alot when recording and that's a big help right there.

I thought the current MPCs couldn't record a 60 min sample.