MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By justaquestion Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:18 am
When I have my mpc live 2 connected through a mixer and have a lot of mapped qlinks going on, and I turn them, I head this stratic crackling noise on the output of the gear I am using as a final output (mixer)

anyone else experience this? This is particularly bad with cheap mixers. there is no noise what so ever on the mpc outputs/heapdohne out itself. :smh:
By elstebbano Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:32 am
Could be an electrical ground issue in your studio, you could figure that out if the crackling noise is also present if you use your mpc in battery mode.
I have a crackling noise if the cpu from the mpc is nearly at maximum, could be another reason..
By justaquestion Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:25 am
Thanks for the reply. I always use the MPC plugged in, I do not want to rely on a battery on a stage and would wish it wasn't there. Can not hurt to try though,....

I am only using like 60& of the ram... it happen on every qlink, mapped or not, when MPC is being fed through external source the main output (all of them).

I already contacted AKAI aind they said there must be something wrong happening with the pedal I am feeding into one of the inputs, but I have disproven that it has nothing to do with the pedal since it happens on the outputs on external devices (mixers etc) but not on the outputs of the mpc itself (hadphone)
By cmackg Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:22 pm
Okay — spent a long day in the studio. The pots on my LiveII are just plain noisy. My single coil electric guitar picked up every move. I guess it doesn’t really matter, but you wonder what the FCC review of these boards is focused on.