MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cmackg Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:58 pm
I have a Live2, and a collection of the instrument plugins. If I got a Key 37, do they work on both, or do you need to buy them again?

I’m looking for a stage-keyboard for Basses, stabs, pads, etc in live music as well as the studio. I’ve looked at Gaia2, Opsix2, etc, Want a full-size keyed, so lots of the ones out ther won’t fly.

Then the 37 cam out, and I got say it’s pretty compelling, if a set of sounds that don’t present more options than the opsix, for example.

Thoughts?
By Lampdog Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:28 pm
They are the exact same standalone plugins. They will work.
I have X and Key61. SAME plugins.
Register both your machines to your inmusic account.
Now both machines will be able to download the same plugins.
3 machines total are able to use the same plugin.
By jamos Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:22 pm
Bear in mind that a lot of people have experienced the plugins having to be reauthorized through the internet at random intervals. To me this makes them a complete failure for any sort of live performance. They may have fixed this in recent versions, but I have not heard that they have.
By cmackg Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:30 pm
LOL, THATS A CONSTANT. Might be bad to gig/practice w/o wifi.

Anyone with Gaia 2 experience?
By Big-Little Red Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:00 pm
I have a Key37. I have not experienced any sort of "random re-authorization" sequence ... I also haven't taken it out of my wi-fi network yet. Perhaps you should reach out to Akai ...