MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:07 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I don't remembering Akai ever promoting this though.

Maybe they read the first thread Godlike posted & saw all the negative responses & decided not to waste money on marketing.
By dustyslices Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:59 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:£8/month and from the description it doesn't even include any of the premium plugins. You can buy the MPC Software from Thomann for £87, or get an MPC Studio 2 for £150 with the MPC Software included.

Nothing adds up on that page imho, "subscription" gives you perpetual and unlimited updates while "buy now" and "rent to own" gives you 2x updates only ? What kind of logic is this :WTF:
as far as I somewhat understand logic behind subscription updates, question I have is what constitute an update ? going from 2.12.3.67 to 2.12.3.72 or going from 2.12.3 to 2.12.4 ? that would deplete your lives in no time :lol: Unless it is a full version number like 2.0 ---> 3.0 then what about major point releases such as 3.0 ---> 3.5 or what if they never release a major version and stick with feature upgrades ? so many questions :lol:

B-Wise wrote:Maybe they read the first thread Godlike posted & saw all the negative responses & decided not to waste money on marketing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:45 pm
dustyslices wrote:so many questions :lol:

No questions here, because, no buy.
By godlike Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:22 am
What we have to consider is perhaps we would have 3.0 and MPC Stems already if we adopted the subscription idea. I understand why some may be reluctant, but many others would be fine with it. It is wise to keep our options open and look to the future with possibilities.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:32 am
godlike wrote:What we have to consider is perhaps we would have 3.0 and MPC Stems already if we adopted the subscription idea. I understand why some may be reluctant, but many others would be fine with it. It is wise to keep our options open and look to the future with possibilities.

Don't you read your own thread? They have that option, buy nobody uses it. Let it go! At this point your borderline trolling.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:36 pm
godlike has an opinion just like everyone else, it’s fine.
For me…

By J.O.BEATS Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:47 pm
The idea that if you just give a corporation more money they will provide you better/more products doesn’t mesh with our current system of capitalism. Corporations soul purpose is to drive profits. If you just give them money in advance they have no reason to give you more in return but all the reasons to take that money and put it towards the bottom line.

Its a scam
By B-Wise Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:The idea that if you just give a corporation more money they will provide you better/more products doesn’t mesh with our current system of capitalism. Corporations soul purpose is to drive profits. If you just give them money in advance they have no reason to give you more in return but all the reasons to take that money and put it towards the bottom line.

Its a scam

Amen!
Also, I thought God don't like ugly? :twisted:
By godlike Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:27 pm
MGoolas wrote:I think that a subscription based model is a brilliant idea

Some like the idea and others would be against it. AKAI has a lot of plans for the future and it may behoove the enjoyers to consider how we can help support the growth.

Narrator : "he lied"