MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By godlike Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:41 pm
Hi all, I was wondering if we were given MPC 3.0 and MPC Stems as a bundle would this be enough to consider a paid subscription? Just thinking that we would want continuous improvement on both and a subscription would insure development.
By B-Wise Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:40 pm
Some mentioned this idea last year & it about 6 pages of NO!
Lamp please locked this or link the thread that I'm talking about or will just get the 6 pages of NO!
By jpeg Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:36 pm
godlike wrote:Hi all, I was wondering if we were given MPC 3.0 and MPC Stems as a bundle would this be enough to consider a paid subscription? Just thinking that we would want continuous improvement on both and a subscription would insure development.

why do u want to pay a subscription?
By 24maybeats Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:13 pm
B-Wise wrote:Some mentioned this idea last year & it about 6 pages of NO!
Lamp please locked this or link the thread that I'm talking about or will just get the 6 pages of NO!

It was also Godlike who came up with the post back then.
If they had the “choose between” monthly pay for all plugins and pay forever option it would be fair. But i want to have the option to choose between.
By B-Wise Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:22 pm
24maybeats wrote:
B-Wise wrote:Some mentioned this idea last year & it about 6 pages of NO!

It was also Godlike who came up with the post back then.
If they had the “choose between” monthly pay for all plugins and pay forever option it would be fair. But i want to have the option to choose between.

I thought the name looked familiar. So in this case, most definitely lock this down or move it to the that first post.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:32 pm
A subscription isn't an incentive for them to continue developing as Akai have to continue improving the ecosystem otherwise they won't acquire any new customers. Would you receive bug fixes if you didn't subscribe? Any new features at all? What if you want to stay on 2.x, will Akai be expected to continue offering bug fixes or will this be subscribers only?

This is not a software only ecosystem, people are dropping up to $2500 on hardware, so I doubt there's much appetite for then locking yourself into a monthly subscription just so you can see some bug fixes. Maybe they could offer hardware on a monthly sub, get the MPC SE and all plugins for $10/month.

Not sure why you have this obsession with actually wanting a subscription over paying $10 here and there when they actually release something worthy of your $$. Do you think a subscription will guarantee bug fixing or further development on certain features (it won't).
By B-Wise Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:25 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:Every now and then "someone" comes here and start talking about paid subscription, is it an AKAI psy-op or something?

That stuff has already been debated here to death:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=216002

Its the same person.
Now that we have the link can we move it there?
By NearTao Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:13 pm
subscription models can work... they do need to have actually tangible benefits though... which seems to be the opposite of topics like this... which seem to have no value and just get people riled up.

we don't need more low effort drive by topics like this one, without actually explaining what the value of... in this case... MPC 3.0... even is... or what a Stems subscription model would look like.