MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jim Roseberry Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:52 am
Been trying for hours to get the Mini D and Juro plugins (purchased earlier today) to activate standalone on the MPC X SE.

Ironically, the firmware updated just fine.
Software and those plugins downloaded/installed/activated immediately.

Ordered a USB>Ethernet adapter to see if that'll work.
Don't hold much hope for that.
Tried hot-spot on my iPhone, 5G/2G WiFi (both main and extenders) and it won't authorize with any connection.

Seems the solution is to message Akai support... and wait for a day/two while it's sorted.

I had planned to use the MPC X SE in a live scenario.
How in the world could a professional depend on this?
If those plugins ever needed reauthorized, I'd be totally SOL.
Out of scores of hardware/software/plugin vendors over the past 40 years, Akai has the absolute worst authorization system I've encountered. :WTF:
By Jim Roseberry Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:13 am
B-Wise wrote:It's "normal" for it to take a day or 2 to active. If it still doesn't work after that time go curse out Akai. There a post like this every week & it usually works out.

I know the tone of my post was sour.
It's almost like a human has to manually "push thru" the activation.
The iLok activation, software install, and firmware update were instantaneous/flawless.
By B-Wise Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:29 pm
Jim Roseberry wrote:
B-Wise wrote:It's "normal" for it to take a day or 2 to active. If it still doesn't work after that time go curse out Akai. There a post like this every week & it usually works out.

I know the tone of my post was sour.
It's almost like a human has to manually "push thru" the activation.
The iLok activation, software install, and firmware update were instantaneous/flawless.

I didn't take it as being sour. It's just a common problem. I'm it worked out for you. Have fun with the X.