MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kazakore Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:23 pm
When using the MPC as a MIDI router (using a MIDI Program with an Input and Output set to route all MIDI data) does it forward on NRPN? The phrase "NRPN" doesn't appear anywhere in the manual.

I have the Arturia MiniLab which has option to set knobs to NRPN and I have a Novation MiniNova for which a large number of parameters are NRPN only but all my USB MIDI routing is done through the MPC. I'll have to take the controller away to a computer where I can run the config software and before I even bothered trying thought I'd check if it would even work...
By jamos Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:40 pm
I would expect it to. NRPNs are nothing more than a series of CC messages strung together. A complete hack, but it works. I would not, however, expect to be able to record and edit them on the MPC, because they would be split over multiple automation lanes and would be a nightmare to deal with.