MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bad mind Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:09 pm
Didn't see any discussion on this year and just saw this on IG. I wonder if they'll be getting more third parties involved with the MPC platform? Maybe this will see a release alongside the Stems?

By B-Wise Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:21 pm
bad mind wrote:Didn't see any discussion on this year and just saw this on IG. I wonder if they'll be getting more third parties involved with the MPC platform? Maybe this will see a release alongside the Stems?

Where's the images?
By bad mind Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:21 pm
B-Wise wrote:
bad mind wrote:Didn't see any discussion on this year and just saw this on IG. I wonder if they'll be getting more third parties involved with the MPC platform? Maybe this will see a release alongside the Stems?

Where's the images?

I don't know, but if you right click you can copy the URL or open then in a new tab and they'll show up
By dustyslices Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:21 am
definitely real but the question is - is it mpc plugin or just an overlay in controller mode ? (those are fairly easy to make)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmSWtF ... _khq5mGDIa

EDIT:
nevermind... just had another look at that pic on IG and it looks like it's definitely a standalone plugin. TUI overlays have crippled preset handling and that plug on IG seems to display presets normally.
By MPC_Maschinist Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:54 am
dustyslices wrote:definitely real but the question is - is it mpc plugin or just an overlay in controller mode ? (those are fairly easy to make)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmSWtF ... _khq5mGDIa

EDIT:
nevermind... just had another look at that pic on IG and it looks like it's definitely a standalone plugin. TUI overlays have crippled preset handling and that plug on IG seems to display presets normally.

Bite and Raum are old NI Plugins available on Maschine+ as well. In the video one can see that NI logo down in the lower right corner.

Well, everything is possible if it makes money.
By dustyslices Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:01 am
Lampdog wrote:I use Lo-Fly Dirt and FlyTape v2 on ipad and I love them.

same here - there's is a plenty of little and obscure gems on ipad that potentially could be ported over to mpc.
If that plugin comes to fruition, I hope it will set the precedent to incorporate older ipad apps into mpc. While most modern ios apps are getting more and more complex and cpu demanding (sometimes they are straight 100% desktop ports), the older ones are less cpu intensive and have may potentially greatly enchance mpc capabilities. I'm not even talking about FX plugins only here, but there is plenty of nice midi and sound mangling apps such as navichord, suggester2 fugue machine, poly2, tardigrain, plethora of spectrum analyzers and eq etc...
If the price is right < $10 - it's a win win situation.

MPC_Maschinist wrote:Bite and Raum are old NI Plugins available on Maschine+ as well. In the video one can see that NI logo down in the lower right corner.

Well, everything is possible if it makes money.

I made those lol
I use Raum quite often so I thought I will make some overlays fora whole NI crush pack :lol:
In the original post I was wondering if that Lo-Fly is a "real" mpc plugin or just overlay/skin for vst but I've answered my own question in the edit section of the post :-D
By MGoolas Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:34 pm
So who has tried that before? Does it sound like the machines it claims to simulate? We already have four different plugins that claim to emulate mpc 60 or sp 1200 but they sound nothing like them
By J.O.BEATS Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:52 pm
MGoolas wrote:So who has tried that before? Does it sound like the machines it claims to simulate? We already have four different plugins that claim to emulate mpc 60 or sp 1200 but they sound nothing like them

Lots of demos on line showing what it sounds like. I don’t think it’s trying to be an exact emulation of those machines. What matters is it sounds really good and blows away the stock emulations.
By BDRAKE Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:24 am
J.O.BEATS wrote: Lots of demos on line showing what it sounds like. I don’t think it’s trying to be an exact emulation of those machines. What matters is it sounds really good and blows away the stock emulations.

Facts! Most importantly their plugins sound great imo. I also have them on my iPad and use them every time I make music on it. I would love this to drop soon and I hope they do more quality 3rd party plugins like this. It would definitely add value to the ecosystem. Dare I say FABFILTER :shock: ..... "Everybody gotta have a dream."