MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Chip Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:39 pm
They work perfectly fine in standalone mode. But once in controller mode the pads are lighting up but don’t make a sound. They randomly make a sound every once in a while but for the majority the pads don’t work. Press a01 and a02 lights up . I think it’s off pad perform tho. The driver is installed. Other mpc buttons activate sounds as well. Not sure if it’s the midi/sync settings but I’ve tried multiple different options. Everything else works in controller mode but the pads. Need help if not going to look into downgrading the software if it’s possible.
By Chip Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:28 am
And yes I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled both mpc softwares (mpc 2 and beats) the driver
Had my Mac on Monterey switched it to Ventura because I heard about the problems with Sonoma. I’ve been using since the renaissance and og touch. There seems to be always a problem with these and bugs ect. Should really only promote as standalone but the software really is that good…. If you can get it to work properly
By Chip Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:02 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Should be fine on Ventura running latest drivers, would assume the MPC itself is fine if it runs in standalone mode without problems. Could try different USB cable, but beyond that you should get in touch with Akai tech support for further advice.

Thank you so much
By ChristianGeek Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:16 pm
I assume you're aware that two different drivers are available: The MIDI driver and the MPC One driver. You don't need the MIDI driver for what you're trying to do, but you do need the MPC One driver. I had similar problems with my MPC X after installing just the MIDI driver until I realized that I needed to install the MPC X driver.
By Chip Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:42 am
ChristianGeek wrote:I assume you're aware that two different drivers are available: The MIDI driver and the MPC One driver. You don't need the MIDI driver for what you're trying to do, but you do need the MPC One driver. I had similar problems with my MPC X after installing just the MIDI driver until I realized that I needed to install the MPC X driver.

Thanks for the input as well, got a hold of akai support and they also recommended it was the driver. They sent a link themselves. Installed it and nothing… they recommended I get a usb b to c cable instead of the hub. Finally found one and nothing. This is killing me it’s either something simple or just an unfixable bug.
By Chip Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:43 am
I fixed the different pad problem, it was the routing in midi/sync
Not the software receives all signals (pad light up in Mac screen) just no sound. If it makes a sound it’s once or twice .
By Chip Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:57 pm
godlike wrote:I had the same issues with the Key37, it all cleared-up once I gave the AKAI software permissions in the system preferences.

What do you mean gave permission? For me the option isn’t available. It syncs up perfectly in controller mode. Everything works but the pads. Like the selection wheel all other buttons . Just not the pads
By kaydigi Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:51 pm
Chip wrote:
godlike wrote:I had the same issues with the Key37, it all cleared-up once I gave the AKAI software permissions in the system preferences.

What do you mean gave permission? For me the option isn’t available. It syncs up perfectly in controller mode. Everything works but the pads. Like the selection wheel all other buttons . Just not the pads

In the security settings in Mac OS. There may be a button at the bottom of the security page asking for permission of the akai driver to “finish installing”