MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Giljam Koch Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:08 am
Dear All,

I bought a second hand MPC Key 61 two weeks ago. I contacted Akai support and they helped me with removing the registration from the previous owners account. Afterwards I registered the synth to my account. Connected it to my Wifi, logged the previous owner out of the synth and logged on with my own account. All the stock plugins are activated correctly. Nice! So far so good.

Installation of the MPC software on my Windows PC was a breeze. No issues. Changed the MPC Key 61 to Controller Mode and connected it using a USB cable. The MPC software sees the keyboard and changed the ASIO driver to the synth. But in controller mode the plugins are not activated (preferences -> activated plugins, only a few are activated). As the documentation clearly states, I should be able to use the same plugins in controller mode as in standalone mode (like the Fabric, OPx.4, Stage Piano, etc.). Or is this a incorrect assumption? Just to be sure I did a factory reset, logged out and in again. No dice.

The hardware I am using for this particular mobile set-up is a HP Probook G5, Windows 11 Pro in combination with this synth.

I contacted Akai Pro support. They seem to be having the hardest time to solve this issue.

Did anyone else come across this issue? Am I missing something? Any tips/ trics?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Giljam
By williejr185 Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 am
I'm having this same problem with an MPC X SE. I purchased it as a "warehouse resealed" item from a popular online store. It seems like people are buying these, registering them to get the free instruments, then returning them. It's been a week since I bought mine. I've submitted 2 tickets with Akai Pro support during this week, and chatted with a support rep today, but still do not have full access to the instruments. Standalone is fine, but with mpc stems being controller mode only, I need everything available in that mode too. The inMusic Software Center also shows everything as deactivated and offers trials. We're supposed to have 3 separate licenses for each instrument and fx according to the information I received when I registered the hardware.
By Avasopht Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 pm
jaymack wrote:
williejr185 wrote: It seems like people are buying these, registering them to get the free instruments, then returning them.

This is a wildly unlikely scenario. Makes no sense

It makes complete sense.

You can either spend $XYZ on MPC Complete to get Fabric (plus whatever plugins they threw in with that), or you could buy, activate, and return the device.

I reached out to AKAI and they offered to sort me out with a license, but I got the seller to transfer it in the end (she just forgot).