MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By glomag01 Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:37 pm
Hey all. I found a few threads about pitch bend and it looks like somehow it doesn't exist on the MPC One. Is this still true? Was there a firmwareupdate at some point that added it maybe?

I am able to control pitch bend with an external midi keyboard, but I'm traveling and can't bring a keyboard with me. I was hoping you could remap the XY controller to pitch bend but I don't see anything but the handful of effects they have.

I know I could sorta do this with the Q Link knobs and course tune but you can't set limits with that. I want to be able to push it to the top of the parameter and know if will be 2 octaves higher and the low param 2 octaves lower.

Any thoughts? I guess I could borrow a midi keyboard from someone at the gig.

Thanks.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:12 pm
glomag01 wrote:I know I could sorta do this with the Q Link knobs and course tune but you can't set limits with that.

Do that.
Set limits within the synth you're using.
In q-link edit use TEMPORARY. Letting the q-link go won't be smooth, it will snap back to zero or whatever it was when you initiated TEMPORARY.

Not a traditional pitch bend but I've done this several times and it's worked for me, not perfectly, but, try anyway.
By J.O.BEATS Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:05 am
Lampdog wrote:
glomag01 wrote:I know I could sorta do this with the Q Link knobs and course tune but you can't set limits with that.

Do that.
Set limits within the synth you're using.
In q-link edit use TEMPORARY. Letting the q-link go won't be smooth, it will snap back to zero or whatever it was when you initiated TEMPORARY.

Not a traditional pitch bend but I've done this several times and it's worked for me, not perfectly, but, try anyway.

Oh shit. I did not know you could do that in q-link edit (temporary) lol. :worthy: