MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jamos Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:46 pm
I'm starting to use Reaper in conjunction with my MPC Live and am already stubbing my toes. I have created a project in the MPC at 123 BPM; exported those tracks as wavs, and then loaded them into a Reaper project, with its tempo also set to 123 BPM. However, the beat markers in Reaper are way off from the actual beats in the recordings, by almost a measure after 60 bars. I expect some alignment issues, but not that severe.

Also, when I start the two devices simultaneously - Reaper and the MPC - they drift apart at a rapid rate. Again, I do not expect them to sync up since I can't start them precisely together, but they should run at the same rate and not drift - these are recordings created in the MPC, after all.

If I perform the same operations with the MPC and Adobe Audition, everything works fine.

What's going on here? (V 2.13)
By jamos Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:04 am
Got it. The Reaper project tempo was set to 120 when I imported the files, the MPC embeds tempo information in the Wav file, and Reaper automatically time-stretched the files on import. Pretty f'in slick!