MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mista 808 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:41 pm
Is this normal? I just purchased Jura and Fabric XL a few days ago and ever since then I cannot keep my new plugins activated. Every single time I turn on my MPC X I have to go out of my way to connect my MPC X to WIFI and then go into the "activate plugins" tab and then click activate for all the new plugins I've recently purchased. It usually only takes about 60 seconds to do, but the point is I've already had to do this easily 20+ times already and I just purchased these! Please tell me there's a way to fix this? Am I supposed to permanently keep my X connected to WIFI? I usually prefer to only turn the WIFI on for my X whenever I intend on downloading an update or for a very specific reason. Otherwise I prefer to keep the WIFI off. Is that what's causing my issue? Also, the main reason I don't care to keep my MPC X connected to WIFI is because when it's connected to my WIFI, I keep getting a stupid error from SPLICE "download directory could not be found." And I don't even use Splice! I've found the only way to get it from popping up over and over is if I turn the WIFI off. :cry:

"Please purchase this plugin or activate a trial license."
This is the message that pops up if I try and load Jura or any of my new plugins after booting up my MPC in the morning.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:36 pm
I went for a few months with MPC X wifi off and was fine with my purchased plug-ins.
Just recently they got knocced out the box and I had to wifi 'em back up.

Key61 does this too but nowhere near as often as MPC X recently. Maybe once a week for Key61 and I usually keep both wifi's off.
By EnochLight Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:07 am
Mista 808 wrote:Is this normal? .

No, it's not normal. Have you bothered reaching out to Akai support? You may need them to reset your license authorization or something. Jura works rock solid on my Live II and Force.
By sparky Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 am
There are pages and pages on the forums about this issue - yours sounds like a particularly acute case but, for example, I rarely go three days without having to reactivate my purchased plugins. Many people have reported issues with deactivation and some have had acknowledgment of the issue from tech support. Try resetting your time settings to UTC in preferences and see if that helps - it did for me for a short while, but then the problem returned.
By marctronixx Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:23 pm
key 61 and retro live 2. i keep wifi on and have a splice account on both if that matters. ive a lot of other plugins and they all stay activated as well.