MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 pm
jpeg wrote:I have no need to sample for 20 mins; its seems like a pointless requirement; if u need more then 20 mins just record into ur DAW

Quote of the Day

#GetAlaptop :lol:
By Lampdog Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:51 pm
jpeg wrote:…..some people are teachnology driven

They are can’toligists. The can’t teach anything if they themselves aren’t willing to get teacheded.
By B-Wise Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:16 pm
jpeg wrote:
B-Wise wrote:That a may be true for some, but most users that want this feature usually have an actual reason. Also, when you say "people" in the way you did, it means it applies to everyone yourself included. Not all people would agree with your assessment of they want, especially for a device that most people use differently.

some people are teachnology driven in they approach to production and some are more feature driven; the former focus on tech specs just to have high specs as they think its better, while those who focus on features dont care about the highest specs as long as the features and functions required are present.

I have never had any issue with the performance of the mpc live; I have no intention to run 10 instances of a plugin, so am happy with the processor and ram as is.

I have no need to sample for 20 mins; its seems like a pointless requirement; if u need more then 20 mins just record into ur DAW

None of what said disproves my point about the reasons why some people need more than 20 minutes & why they wish the MPC could do it. Once again, not all users use the same device the same way & that's OK.

Why not try asking the OP why they need more sample time? Instead of saying it's a useless feature based on the fact that YOU don't need it for your music.

Yes there's people that ask for features just to have them, but that doesn't mean some people don't need them if it's not there. You said feature-driven people are satisfied it the feature is there, but when it's not & someone requires & requests it, you tell them it's useless. You're a strange dude.
By Ultros Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:09 pm
Food for thought, its using a decade old arm processor and chipset. In the arm world thats not out of date, its an antique. The scope of your projects increases exponentially with a more powerful platform. the ability to route things overload fx chains with more than 4 fx.. add infinute tracks if you want some orchestral thing in unison. sure mpc does alot of stuff but theres also alot of crap it doesnt do that the pc client does do because the box cant handle it. From day 1. Its a stand alone music computer for music its not crazy to want it to handle more and to put it into perspective your current cellphone is about 8-10x stronger or more. Were it not a specialty device, it would no longer be worth the electricity to use it since you can power a device of higher quality at the same power spec as the soc that drives it requires. 15w peak. 5 volts 2-3 amps
By 40Beatz Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:35 pm
So what you're saying is...The Current MPC Main Board Architecture is basically ancient for what Newer Users want the MPC to do for them? I agree. I hear people say.."My Android Can Do It, How Come This Expensive Akai Unit Can't Do It?"
This Architecture is basically from 2016-2017. Imagine an Android/iPhone from 7yrs ago performing today's functions. It would Freeze Up quickly :lol:
By Ultros Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:01 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:The stem bs is working on the Denon Prime 4+ boxes which have the same processor thingy, according to Denon user forum.

iirc its only in beta mode though. unreleased on denon unless today was the day they updated that too.
By Ultros Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:07 pm
oh crap there was an update to denon too 3.4.0 yay a new rom to mod.