MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jamos Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:17 pm
This may seem trivial, or even silly to most, but -

A large part of my workflow involves connecting to Windows in controller mode, mostly for file transfer. In the past I had the system set up such that it would automatically open a file explorer window for my MPC's SSD upon entering controller mode, but since I updated Windows a few weeks ago, it will not open that window. I have tried all the online solutions that I have found and none of them help, at all.

Does anyone know what the trick is to make this work again?
By Lampdog Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 pm
By jamos Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:28 pm
Lampdog wrote:Image

I've googled that more times than you've pleased a woman. I keep getting the same crap: Microsoft answers that explain nothing; long lists of basic steps that lead nowhere; deep registry hacks that have no effect at all, blah blah.

Please forgive me for finally asking in a community of supposedly knowledgable people who have likely experienced exactly the same problem.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 pm
jamos wrote:I've googled that more times than you've pleased a woman.

Somebody's TRrIggEreD.

jamos wrote:deep registry hacks that have no effect at all.

Yeah, those are dangerous, I wouldn't do it.
By jamos Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:26 pm
I figured this out. The specific solution was not on Google, but by filling in the gaps and making a guess, I came up with this value that needs to be added to the Registry:
Code: Select allWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Add Autoplay Handler Option
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\MixedContentOnArrival]
"MSOpenFolder"=""

To make this happen, copy the above code, paste it in a text file, and name that file autoplay.reg. Double-click it, and the fix is in. I hope this is not too bold or daring for the mods - it's perfectly safe.

The really cool thing is... the solution will now come up on Google!
By Lampdog Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:23 pm
Respect, for coming up with an uncommon solution.