MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jim Roseberry Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:34 am
Been having a blast assembling my own drum sample libraries in the MPC X SE.

Question:
I've created Drum Programs using non-destructive slices.
This works great to get things assembled... but there's a LOT of unused slices.
Is there any way to purge those unused slices... so the Drum Program loads/uses just those slices that are actually assigned to Pads?

Many thanks in advance!
By 40Beatz Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:21 pm
You could convert the Slice into a Sample in Sample Edit screen. Then you can get rid of the Original Sample/Program
By Lampdog Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:18 am
40Beatz wrote:You could convert the Slice into a Sample in Sample Edit screen. Then you can get rid of the Original Sample/Program

Physical samples, this is the way.
But “slices”, the non destructive way, cannot purge.
By Jim Roseberry Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:32 pm
Neodymium wrote:Feels surreal seeing you post on here Jim, having seen you on the cakewalk forum for possibly decades. One of your posts led me to my i9-10900K, so thanks

Yeah, I've been associated with Cakewalk since their "Forums" were News Groups on CompuServe.
Glad the 10900k is working out for you!

Loving the MPC X SE.
Didn't realize how much fun it would be to load-in and tweak/play my own drum sample libraries.
So much more "hands on" with all the knobs/buttons (vs using Kontakt).
By Ultros Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:30 pm
Neodymium wrote:Feels surreal seeing you post on here Jim, having seen you on the cakewalk forum for possibly decades. One of your posts led me to my i9-10900K, so thanks

LOL that proc is ridiculous. 10 cores with hyperthreading! 5.3 ghz clock iirc.. GIVE IT *snaps pincers*