MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By GoodTimeAlliance Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:07 pm
Has anyone used the generative Midi NoteFX on Bitwig.

Wouldnt it be great if Akai could make something similar.

As we might be exhausting the capabilities of the MPC's CPU with audio FX Midi FX would be a very low strain additions & inkeeping with the core roots of MPC's functionality.
By SuperKonquer Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:56 pm
Would be nice but I dont think it'll ever happen. As an alternative you could buy a MIdiHub and create your own MidiFX very easily. You could also use a Ipad. I personally prefer the MidiHub because once you program it, you can plug it in and forget that your MPC can't natively do the things you have now programmed it to do.

https://blokas.io/midihub/
By GoodTimeAlliance Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:21 am
Thats a nice idea thanks.

I would argue (to Akai) that little low overhead additions & improvements to the MPC range would really help them continue to sell these machines.

I love to use my MPC however for me at least the I am starting to reach for it less and less.
I am not that bothered about the MPC synths. They are decent but not a patch on Bitwigs offerings.
I did always prefer to use my MPC as my main MIDI controller but now BITWIG has taken over in that department too.

My poor old MPC is starting to feel like an unnecessary middle man.
By idk973 Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 am
Just add manual slice and ability to set a start end and loop point assigned to a knob and bitwig would be my main producing set.