MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cyorkgo Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:36 am
This is for Windows Users:

1. uninstall EVERYTHING Akai MPC related. Use a program like Revo or something that will do a deep uninstall.
2. Reinstall DRIVER only from the installer_assetts folder located in your Downloads folder within the MPC 2. directory. Make sure MOC is plugged in.
3. Restart the computer
4. Install the MPC Software. As of this post, it is 2.13.0.
5. Make sure the USB Cable is plugged directly into the computer's USB 3.0 port and not a HUB. I tried with the HUB and 2.0 and got the dreaded exclamation points in the device manager under USB controllers.
6. Restart computer
7. Launch the MPC software and go into controller mode

I had this problem for over 5 months. I used the MPC in stand-alone 90% of the time and the 10% I was using it with my Macbook Pro and it worked perfectly. So I knew it wasn't an issue with the MPC. My PC is used as my Video editing workstation and I don't do a lot of music on it. But I was forced to use it for this project and it wouldn't work. Akai couldn't even help me and I read several forums and tried everything except doing a clean install and going directly into the computer, and not the hub although the hub is 3.0.

I hope this works because I know I was frustrated when I couldn't get this to work.