MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:08 pm
EnochLight wrote:

No one asked for your definition of what a "tech focused person" is, and - regardless - that has ZERO to do with anything you and I are talking about. So again, stop with the strawman.

:

i dont care what u asked for I am telling u that ur talking points are synonomous with with the tech focused producers;

those who want the latest tech for the sake of having the latest tech, the same people who want to sample for more then 20 mins on their mpc; they want a newer processor in the mpc simply because the current one is old instead of for a specific feature; they want additional ram so they can run excessive amounts of plugin instruments concurrently.

the same people that always want flac support; because its the superior format, I am not denying its superior, I am saying I dont care if its superior; cos mp3 is good enuff for me.

as mentioned those 12 bit samplers has a compressed lossy sound format; and it was good enuff for me; and classics were made on them.

in the mind of the tech focused producer; those old samplers are inferior because they are not 24 bit; in their mindset the higher number is better.
By EnochLight Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:42 pm
NearTao wrote:why is this thread so full of straw man arguments?

It tends to be a theme, right?

Anyway, opinions are like assholes. We all have them and they’re full of varying degrees of shit. :lol:
By J.O.BEATS Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 pm
Question. Can you chop a sample, create a program, and separate stems from there? Or do you have to stem first then chop? This is what I like about serato
By NearTao Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:59 pm
you can separate the stem of any sample you have loaded... so do it before or after... doesn't matter too much other than what workflow/approach you want to take.
By TT_Lab Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:20 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:Question. Can you chop a sample, create a program, and separate stems from there? Or do you have to stem first then chop? This is what I like about serato

I chopped with pad parameters non destructively and then separated with stems and the resulting samples had the same slices... so you can do both as NearTao sais.
By EnochLight Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:39 pm
jpeg wrote:i dont care what u asked for I am telling u that ur talking points are synonomous with with the tech focused producers;

those who want the latest tech for the sake of having the latest tech, the same people who want to sample for more then 20 mins on their mpc; they want a newer processor in the mpc simply because the current one is old instead of for a specific feature; they want additional ram so they can run excessive amounts of plugin instruments concurrently.

the same people that always want flac support; because its the superior format, I am not denying its superior, I am saying I dont care if its superior; cos mp3 is good enuff for me.

as mentioned those 12 bit samplers has a compressed lossy sound format; and it was good enuff for me; and classics were made on them.

in the mind of the tech focused producer; those old samplers are inferior because they are not 24 bit; in their mindset the higher number is better.

By Ultros Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:02 pm
jpeg wrote:the mind of the tech focused producer; those old samplers are inferior because they are not 24 bit; in their mindset the higher number is better.

No.. dude.. the concept is rather simple.. you capture at the highest resolution and render to your target rate or decimate to target rate lol. The idea is not to polish a turd. You can't capture frequency where frequency doesnt exist. This isn't snobbery its physics. The reason we use 24bit audio is because it gives us more dynamic range. It's the same conceptually with visual art and you can see the results there but for some reason when it comes to sound people cant wrap their head around the idea. Think of low resolution 8 bit camera verses 32 bit high res camera.. you can always go down in depth you cant go up. The lower the bit depth, the less dynamic range, the less frequency captured. That's not a good place to start with your samples.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:31 pm
Ultros wrote:
jpeg wrote:the mind of the tech focused producer; those old samplers are inferior because they are not 24 bit; in their mindset the higher number is better.

No.. dude.. the concept is rather simple.. you capture at the highest resolution and render to your target rate or decimate to target rate lol. The idea is not to polish a turd. You can't capture frequency where frequency doesnt exist. This isn't snobbery its physics. The reason we use 24bit audio is because it gives us more dynamic range. It's the same conceptually with visual art and you can see the results there but for some reason when it comes to sound people cant wrap their head around the idea. Think of low resolution 8 bit camera verses 32 bit high res camera.. you can always go down in depth you cant go up. The lower the bit depth, the less dynamic range, the less frequency captured. That's not a good place to start with your samples.

Your talking to a dude name jpeg not RAW....so :roll:
By pedro_oliveira1993 Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:31 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
However, if you add slice regions to the source the resulting stems adopt all the slice regions, so this is definitely a more unique MPC implementation, but I would like to see the option to automatically create 4 separate, fully chopped programs (one for each stem). And also the option to create a single fully chopped program containing all 4 stems. All can be done manually of course, but seems like a missed opportunity to not have this as part of the processing screen.

This is exactly what I wanted. It's my main "issue" with it. But I think it's too obvious to not do it.

Other than that, like I said in the other thread, depends on what you throw into it. But overall I was very satisfied with it. It obviously has artifacts, the videos are clearly the best case scenario. But even so I was expecting much much much worse.
By B-Wise Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:14 pm
jpeg wrote:

non curated stems demo sounding good

Music starts at 2:00.

No one was saying it can't sound good except for you. But I guess that's what happens when you don't care what others say. This video was pointless.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:36 pm
Ultros wrote:you capture at the highest resolution and render to your target rate or decimate to target rate...

:nod:

jaymack wrote:you're. not. going. to. get. through.

I'M DYING LAUGHING over here.

Definitely a T-SHIRT quotable!
By Ultros Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am
Target depth* fek.. also didnt say that to he mean to jpeg. i think at some point we all forget some obvious charactaristic of something and it seems logical and roll with it and later go "oh boy i said that out loud". like shit for some reason i suggested low impedence earphones more once, not sure if brain fart or too much of the ooo eeee but i said it again, more than once. later looked back like " GAW SHEEEYIT!" *cringe* "forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us"

i am interested in trying me some free stems. they will go nicely with all my free synths and fx plugins. I've never used stem seperation, i've always assumed the diff layers of frequency would leave artifacts where there was super-imposition as well. i have heard some of the older attempts and they were pretty crude but that was 15 or more years ago.