MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Serega Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am
Sorry, I'm new and disappointed. Hopefully it will change. It's look like closest topic.
I basically bought MPC Ket 37 as small synth for use in tight space. Installed free Piano plugin. Figured out not enough sounds. I bought and installed/activated Fabric XL and that been solved for what I need on keyboard which required more memory, so I installed SD Card. Now it's painfully slow to load patches. So question 1:
Is it possible to offload plugins/synths I don't need that came with keyboard and copy Fabric XL in their place so it would work fast but not to lose them for good. Basically swap them.
2: Do I supposed to have all same sounds on MPC computer software that I got on Stand Alone? I have plenty but they seem mostly different. I don't even have Fabric XL that I installed on stand alone keyboard.
3. If I sell MPC Key 37 what will happen to my software on computer especially I paid for?
4. If I load again same sounds/plugins will I use up activation and loose that forever and need to pay again.?

Thanks
By mf_blues Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am
From what I understand is, if you have filled up the internal storage you will have a poor experience. The system needs space on that drive to boot up and handle temporary files etc, you should only save your projects and expansion packs etc to the SD card, I would suggest if this is the case then move all the things you saved to the internal drive to the SD card and then reboot.

After the reboot see how it performs.

I have the MPC Live 2 which is basically the same specs as the 37 as far as memory goes and I don't have any painfully slow loading times, it does however depend on what you deem has painfully slow of course.

You should be able to activate all the same sounds on the PC but I think you will need to activate them again, activating them on the stand alone doesn't automatically activate them on the PC, they should be available in your account to download and activate. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

For a better response raise a ticket with support and see what they say.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Cheers

Martin
By mf_blues Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am
Another point to bear in mind is that the MPC products are sample based instruments that need to load all the wav files etc when you load a sound, the more wav files the better quality the instrument will sound but it will take longer to load and use more of the RAM.

Make sure you have the fastest SD cards you can get to help performance.
By Big-Little Red Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:12 am
I think you're doing things wrong. I have Fabric XL on Key 37 and everything loads nice and fast and none of it is on SD card. Maybe you didn't understand what you were doing when trying to install things. There's a lot to wrap your head around and it seems like there's a lot of ways to screw things up.
By Serega Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:37 am
As I understand now I should install Fabric XL on internal drive. I didn't figure out and Youtube not a good help how to move files from SD to internal drive which has plenty of space for what I need. With Fabric XL on SD it takes 14 seconds to hear sound on "Warm Piano Pad" when I switch to it. During installation I was kind of forced to use SD because it said I don't have enough memory so I plugged in SD cart. I tried USB stick and it takes only 4 seconds to load sound. Yes, it's easy to screw up.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:21 am
Don’t delete factory files from the internal drive.
You’ve been warned :lol: :lol:

Mpc operating system is on the internal drive, all your firmware updates will be on the internal drive. Saving to it will fill up system storage and cause problems.

Save your projects somewhere else.
By Serega Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm
Thanks. I ordered 256G USB short Stick that supposed to be as fast as 400MB/s, hope it will be fast enough.
By Lampdog Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:57 am
No matter the speed of the stick. It will only go as fast as the mpc will let it.
By Serega Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:06 pm
Lampdog wrote:No matter the speed of the stick. It will only go as fast as the mpc will let it.

Confirm that. Received 400MB/sec USB stick. It takes same 4 sec to load PianoPad sound from Fabric XL just like from old USB Stick. Have to live with that. Thanks.