MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By giacecco Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 am
Am I really inaugurating this thread?

On 2.14.0 standalone on MPC-X, to reproduce:

- setup two tracks to play two plugins, have different MIDI DIN channels as input, set the Monitor button to IN for both
- play some notes on track 1 using an external sequencer doing some simple pattern, like repeating the same note every 1/16
- with track 2 selected, press NOTE REPEAT or activate ARP, and you will hear track 1 being affected instead!

I've posted the bug to Akai, too.
By wavejockey Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:16 am
this bug is present is earlier iterations too and reported many times to AKAI
By B-Wise Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am
This is one of the oldest bugs in the jungle. Don't get me started on it. Also there already a bug report thread which has an earlier version number in the title but it's where everyone repost bugs. Hopefully they could change the name to something more general to prevent confusion from new members.

This bug is on the Force as well & it sucks just as much. :x

Thanks for reporting it to Akai.
By giacecco Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am
Thank you both. Wouldn’t it be more useful for the other users in the forum if we stopped feeding the old thread where solved and unresolved bugs are mixed together? One would need to read this only to check what is outstanding still today.

I would love to go DAWless and put my MPC X at the center of my setup if I could trust Akai to be more reliable. This bug is so simple that it is incomprehensible how it could not be solved across multiple releases.
By RandomVibration Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:09 am
If they could fix the MIDI channel note bug(s), I would think they would’ve by now. I think there is some underlying flaw in the Linux layer, MPC software layer, or SoC that Akai can’t seem to fix with the resources they have at their disposal.

They can produce new versions of the firmware with new features and bugs and new hardware but this problem remains persistent. There seems to be a reason they just can’t or won’t resolve this. They aren’t saying.
By Mogthecat Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:22 am
Akai have a long history controlling and sequencing via midi so it should be no mystery to them. IMO the real reason these problems persist is to increase sales of their plugins. If the problems were fixed then those of us with a stack of old midi gear would just use that and we wouldn't buy their plugins. There is probably case for a class action against Akai for not fixing the midi problems.
By wavejockey Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:02 am
Mogthecat wrote:Akai have a long history controlling and sequencing via midi so it should be no mystery to them. IMO the real reason these problems persist is to increase sales of their plugins. If the problems were fixed then those of us with a stack of old midi gear would just use that and we wouldn't buy their plugins. There is probably case for a class action against Akai for not fixing the midi problems.

correct, it is not rocket science
By kozzy420 Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:29 pm
I have a bug with 2.14
I updated with the stems update on standalone and software and the latest update and firmwire works fine. As in Stem Separation is working for me in controller mode and what not.

But when I go to check updates in Standalone it says I have the latest version first and then when I press ok and it says Internal Error Try again later.

Everything with the update works fine, with the software in controller mode and on its own in standalone. But just this strange error message when I go to see if there are any new updates. I see lots of people with issues with this update and the Stem Separation, but I have been pretty lucky in that it has let me use Stem Separation and the stuff that was in the latest update and firmwire update on software and in standalone, but just get this strange error when checking again for new updates. Is it just a bug with this latest version? Not seen this message before.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this little error/bug. I am on MPC One+
By mibolux Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:45 pm
VST plugin

I still have vst plugin version 2.13 after updating to 2.14, no STEMS.

also where is the vst3 plugin?
By JrTMoney2 Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:31 pm
Not sure if it's exclusive to 2.14.

I updated my X in standalone and when laying a sequence down, if I was recording and went to the next track to lay something down using the same program, the MPC would start "deleting" the pads as I hit them - so both the sound from the pad and the LED light on the pad would disappear. I would have to stop the sequence, change the PGM then change it back, and the pad came back normal again.

If I had pressed multiple pads before stopping and coming back, all of those pads would have the same bug.