MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:25 am
I had a 2kxl, still have a 4k.

Way later, tried out a Live, understood it within 3 days (djcucknorris is right, I also felt right at home). IMMEDIATELY went out, bought an X.

Never looked back.
By B-Wise Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:29 pm
Lampdog wrote:I had a 2kxl, still have a 4k.

Way later, tried out a Live, understood it within 3 days (djcucknorris is right, I also felt right at home). IMMEDIATELY went out, bought an X.

Never looked back.

I went from the 1k/2500 with JJOS to the Force & still understood the slang of Akai. Some get too stuck in their own ways & hate change even if given time to adapt it would benefit them.

Oh well, luckily many sold their older MPCs to get a new 1 so there's no shortage of them.
By 40Beatz Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:37 pm
2000XL to the 2500 Jjos --->(hiatus)--->MPC Live--> X--> Live 2-->...MPC4000 for Nostalgic reasons

MPC5000(used) collecting dust--^^^
By Lampdog Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:27 pm
For a brief moment in time I forgot the 5000 existed ‘til you just said it now.

That 3500 is the realness tho.
By J.O.BEATS Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:18 am
Lampdog wrote:For a brief moment in time I forgot the 5000 existed ‘til you just said it now.

That 3500 is the realness tho.

I sometimes miss my 5000. Even though it had the timing issues I really enjoyed working on it. And for some reason, the master outputs sounded way warmer and fuller than the 2500 and 1000.
By LivePsy Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:08 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:I sometimes miss my 5000. Even though it had the timing issues I really enjoyed working on it. And for some reason, the master outputs sounded way warmer and fuller than the 2500 and 1000.

Absolutely. Beautiful physical layout and pretty good screen design. Massive bugs tho. I converted some akai drumloops with the 5000's built in conversion and it put the left and right channels on separate layers panned hard left and right. Then you discover than its useless because sometimes, like randomly 1 in 4 times, it plays the channels out of phase. So great and so terrible at the same time.
By jaymack Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:57 pm
Menco wrote:“Synthfluencer”? Is that also a thing now :hmmm:

you can recognize them on youtube when the thumbnail is their O face next to the most current released synth.
By B-Wise Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:03 pm
jaymack wrote:
Menco wrote:“Synthfluencer”? Is that also a thing now :hmmm:

you can recognize them on youtube when the thumbnail is their O face next to the most current released synth.

They say sex sells. :shock: :mrgreen:
By Menco Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:14 pm
It’s just the fact some of them call theirselves “Synthfluencer”. :Sigh: Don’t even mind the content they create about synths and gear (although some are really shitty at that).
Most of my musical activity takes place on Instagram (@kimchi_kriminal, shameless plug). Think I’m going to introduce myself as a “Beatfluencer” next time at a random birthday party.
By B-Wise Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm
Menco wrote:Think I’m going to introduce myself as a “Beatfluencer” next time at a random birthday party.

It be funny if some think you mean that you beat the Flu & start asking you for health advice. :lol:
By BDRAKE Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm
Just impatient. Its not a 1000, 2000 or 2500 etc. Assuming where things should be is not the machines problem. :smh: