MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bobnoosh Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:03 pm
Hey everyone! I understand how to connect this synth as a MIDI controller to my MPC one via USB-C (im focusing on controller mode right now) but how do I connect the synth so that I can play the onboard sounds/sequencing of the S-1?

If I have my knowledge right, the usb only sends data but not audio so I would need a cable from the mix-out of the S-1(?). So would that be a 1/8 to Midi input? I'm a little confused by this but I think mostly because MPC is not ideal to use with hardware like this (?)
By Elijah Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:11 pm
Set a track on the MPC to MIDI Program and set the MIDI PORT to S-1. No MIDI cable is necessary.

After that, connect the audio output of S-1 to the audio input of the MPC, and set the monitor button on the audio track or sampler to "IN".
By bobnoosh Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:32 pm
Elijah wrote:Set a track on the MPC to MIDI Program and set the MIDI PORT to S-1. No MIDI cable is necessary.

After that, connect the audio output of S-1 to the audio input of the MPC, and set the monitor button on the audio track or sampler to "IN".

Great, thanks! Audio input of the MPC ONE being the lone 1/4 unbalanced inputs right? So this config would need 1/8 to dual 1/4 to make it work.

Its tricky to find a constant "default" set up with this MPC between standalone/controller and scarce amount of ports without unplugging stuff, especially as we try to find our groove so I appreciate the knowledge share.