MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By J.O.BEATS Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:47 pm
inflict3 wrote:Ive already got Lo-Fly Dirt, fly-tape and tons of AU plugins for my battery powered mpc1000, my mpc500, and mpc2000xl :lol: I just run my mpcs through my iPad and into the SSL and done. I originally started buying iPads because the plugins are way cheaper then on computers, also some of the synth apps are way good and I couldn’t believe the price, granted the price for the iPad, but I did the math and just 3 of the plugins(AUs) that I bought the iPad for cost more then the iPad for the computer versions, so that was what eventually pushed me to get an iPad, I’m not buying the pros or anything like that, I stick to the entry model with the middle of the road storage.

Sounds like you got a process that works for you. Nice!

I’m a weirdo who wants everything I need in one box lol. My music life changed for the better once I sold all my gear and went with a simple setup. Turn on the power. Connect a turntable. Get down to business

Everybody is different. Find what works for you and get creative
By johnnytravels Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:11 pm
B-Wise wrote:
BeatWilson wrote:Yeah JJOS was something else. I can't deny.. I miss it.

It's still being updated after almost 20 years! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

InMusic should try to hire him again or maybe they did & he said fu*ck y'all! :mrgreen:

I think that would be the way forward.
Start again from JJOS, update some of the features to modern standards, trim the fat from the current feature set and think carefully how to implement whatever Inmusic came up with since they started messing with the MPC OS…
By B-Wise Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:20 pm
johnnytravels wrote:I think that would be the way forward.
Start again from JJOS, update some of the features to modern standards, trim the fat from the current feature set and think carefully how to implement whatever Inmusic came up with since they started messing with the MPC OS…

I just want them to add certain features from JJOS or maybe have him create his own OS with Akai blessing & offer it as an official alternative OS that he & his team manages. I wouldn't mind spending cash on that. :-D