MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Analogue4 Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:46 pm
Hi im looking for soft synths on the standalone and liked the look of hype, flavour and some other similar ones..

Few questions to help with my confusion, 1 I'm assuming hype isn't bundled free with latest updates? I thought I saw someone say it was but then on akai site they are selling it 150 quid.

2 I've seen hype being sold by an outlet for about 90, is it OK not to by through akai?

3 for house music production where all you hear about is Serum is hype a decent but different alternative or are any other akai standalone synths worth looking at?

Thanks
By Analogue4 Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:02 pm
Cool thanks, why is it still being sold for £150. Seems generous to give away free fir standalone.

I meant op4 actually not flavour, I think that's 40pc off now to 80 quid, any views on either synths appreciated.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:52 pm
Analogue4 wrote:Cool thanks, why is it still being sold for £150. Seems generous to give away free fir standalone.

It was originally a free standalone plugin for the Force, then ported over to the MPC, and is also free for the MPC Software. It was always a free 'native' plugin for MPC/Force users.

Later they developed a standard VST version for non-MPC systems, this is the one you see for $150. It's rarely sold for $150 though, it's normally heavily discounted, I've recently seen it for $30 on sites like B&H and Sweetwater. The VST version has no built in preset management though, it's a lazy port from the native MPC version.

It's a good synth although with plenty of odd quirks, but all the synths are decent TBF (jura, mini d, opx4 etc), and don't sleep on freebies like tubesynth and odyssey.

It's just the pricing that takes the piss on these premium plugins, over inflated just so they can offer big discounts occasionally.
By Analogue4 Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 pm
Sorry to come back to this, I just cannot see how to download hype for free. I've logged into Akai under my products and it just tells me I can buy it for 50% off.

There is a legacy air download option but that doesn't include hype.

Lastly am I able to install hype one I can find it through usb as haven't got access to PC.

Thanks
By RandomVibration Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm
It is listed under factory content. Log into your Inmusic account and download the factory content.

You should be able by now to download load it to the MPC One directly once you put it on the internet. Have you tried that?
By Analogue4 Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:50 pm
I think my stumbling block is you have to download a software manager on PC for the synths in the first case? and I currently don't have access to jon android IT.
By Db909 Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:15 pm
I dunno if you have a one or a one+ or if that even makes a difference, but for me with the one + all I had to do was register the mpc and then activate hype in the preferences in standalone. It asks you to choose a download location. Didn’t need a pc. I dunno
By BackOnDaMPC Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 am
Db909 wrote:I dunno if you have a one or a one+ or if that even makes a difference, but for me with the one + all I had to do was register the mpc and then activate hype in the preferences in standalone. It asks you to choose a download location. Didn’t need a pc. I dunno
Same here :nod: